DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video freezes when recording in 4K

It's really a good way to fly. I keep my "real" phone in my pocket for calls or checking other things. My drone phone is a less expensive device just for flying, always kept ready, charged, updated. It's apps are just for drone-related use. Plus, it is easier to send off a text photo of a flight just completed right away.
That's true, but I only fly in my spare time, every now and then. So I don't think that's necessary for me. But a very good way of organizing your equipment and having it always ready, for sure.

Perhaps you answered this, but is caching enabled? If it's off, then there shouldn't be anything different the app has to do to process the feed with recording on or off.

Check app permissions that it has access to storage, since the cache has to have somewhere to go.

Newer phone models can add things that affect app functions without anyone knowing exactly what.
For example, on the S20, Tello video would not appear with Android 10. With my FE, once it updated to the Android 11/ UI 3, video is back.
Cache is enabled, so are permissons to storage, with unlimited capacity.

The thing is, that the problem ONLY happens when recording 4K. All other modes are fine. There's also no pixelation, or lag. The image simply freezes the moment you hit record.

Reactions: jinks02
Hi from Daannie at DJI forum:
What I discovered though, is that 4K does work with 24 frames per second.

Having same problem!

The 4k record does not work on S21 any version? DJI will have to update the app to
run on these phones and android 11. My s21 ultra is the same. Drop down to 2.7 or lower for
now until any update they decided to do!!

Hi,

I have a Mini 2 and
I've been experiencing lately, that video feed always freezes when trying to record on 4k30. If I have set to 4k and don't record, all is fine, I can also record and fly with 2.7k60 or any other setting, but on 4k video feed freezes even if im standing right next to my drone. The recording itself on SD card, when playing back, is fine though.

I started noticing this after I updated DJI Fly to 1.2.2, or it could be because I switched to Galaxy s21. I never had that problem on S9+

Anyone else having this issues?
It's pretty frustrating actually.

Best regards
Suggestion: Use a faster MicroSD card and see if you still have the problem

Hi,

I have a Mini 2 and
I've been experiencing lately, that video feed always freezes when trying to record on 4k30. If I have set to 4k and don't record, all is fine, I can also record and fly with 2.7k60 or any other setting, but on 4k video feed freezes even if im standing right next to my drone. The recording itself on SD card, when playing back, is fine though.

I started noticing this after I updated DJI Fly to 1.2.2, or it could be because I switched to Galaxy s21. I never had that problem on S9+

Anyone else having this issues?
It's pretty frustrating actually.

Best regards
sounds like maybe you put in another sd card without knowing it was a slow speed card

sounds like maybe you put in another sd card without knowing it was a slow speed card
class 10 or higher with a UHS (ultra high speed) classification. I put in the wrong type sd card in all the time and come home with no video. Its aggravating and a lil embarrassing

No, I have the same UHS SD card as I used before I switched to S21. I've also tried recording 4K on that card using other devices, and IT WORKS AS EXPECTED. The problem is ONLY with S21

I have the same problem with the Galaxy S21 Ultra.
Recording 4K its freezing.........
Recording 2.7K no problems.........

I just tried to fly the mini 2 on my new "Samsung 21 ultra" and it freezes on record on 4k 30fps, 25fps, But seems to be ok on 24fps. I hope there fix it on a update.

No, I have the same UHS SD card as I used before I switched to S21. I've also tried recording 4K on that card using other devices, and IT WORKS AS EXPECTED. The problem is ONLY with S21
I was having this issue with my Samsung S7. When I had those issues, I had to change the Transmission Frequency. I couldn't use DUAL Band for some reason. It would lock up my screen or be very jerky. Once I changed it 2.4 or 5.8 It worked perfectly. That's my experience. Hope it helps.

Nothing to do with Transmission Frequency, Its video transmission from app, For some reason it wort show when recording live on 4k 30fps 25fps on Samsung 21 phones yet everything when recorded on SD card seems fine

Reactions: KlemenMavic
I have an S21 ultra and I am experiencing the same issues. I could go back to using the S10+ just for flying, but I like the idea of being able to send a video as a message as soon as I've recorded it!

class 10 or higher with a UHS (ultra high speed) classification. I put in the wrong type sd card in all the time and come home with no video. Its aggravating and a lil embarrassing
I have 3 of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HWWXYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Video is jerky when moving the drone, and sometimes freezes for several second. DJI said, and get this, increase the fps. So far, I am not happy with this equipment, at all. Spent a lot of money to get good aerial footage and I can use absolutely none of it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Now I have shadowing from the rotors in the frame. What a mess.

Last edited:
I have 3 of them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HWWXYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Video is jerky when moving the drone, and sometimes freezes for several second. DJI said, and get this, increase the fps. So far, I am not happy with this equipment, at all. Spent a lot of money to get good aerial footage and I can use absolutely none of it. Does anyone have any ideas?
Now I have shadowing from the rotors in the frame. What a mess.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan