DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video issues with Android only DJI Go 4.2.20 /4.2.21

nicholas85hk

Reactions
After the last update from the mid of June2018, my few android phone occur a video issues with the DJI GO 4.2.20 & 4.2.21. The video was delayed around 5 seconds. And i cannot stop the video recording.

Moreover, the calibration of compass cannot be completed. The android app always show me that there is some interference.

If i use the IOS phone, all the issues are disappeared.

Is there anyone (Android user) has the same above issues?

My Android Phone is LG G4, Sony XZ, Mi 5,Sony XA2 Ultra, Sony XZ2
My IOS phone is Iphone X, 7 Plus
My IOS pad is Ipad Mini4

Reactions: lrdj88fan
I am experiencing a latency issue too with my android devices. The video is terrible. I tried my Samsung s7 phone and galaxy tab3. Same result with both. The video is also extremely choppy.

I found another thread where a guy posted a link to download a previous version DJI GO 4. It works awesome except it crashes midnight everytime. You can restart the app and all is good.

Been emailing DJI customer support. I'll see what they say and post it. Today they asked for a short video recording of how my picture looks on DJI go 4.

Really thinking of going to Litchci but just want to get what I paid for from DJI.

I have similar issues. I have used a Nexus 7, Galaxy S5, and no luck what so ever with a Galaxy Tab E. I am an Android user. I do not care for iProducts. I have the video and pixelation issues with both DJIGo and Litchi. Seriously considering getting a Mini 4 or iPhone 7. I am due an upgrade for both. Just doing more research.

Got this reply from DJI regarding the screen distortion and latency. I sent in a video to them while flying in the go4 app. Bought the Litchi app after reading DJI's response. It is working very well with my Samsung tablet s3. It has breathed new life into my flying experience. Hopefully Dji will fix after enough complaints.

I do recommend the Litchi app.

Attachments

• 20180720_215513.jpg
    20180720_215513.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 60
Hi, I'm using a Lenovo Tab 7 which I couldn't get a decent video feed from with DJI Go from the play store.. I know my tablet is entry level at under $100 AUD & doesn't have a great deal of RAM which seems to be the issue with the play store version. But I found a great solution by using a modded version from Sparkpilots.zone which works perfectly.
DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Got this reply from DJI regarding the screen distortion and latency. I sent in a video to them while flying in the go4 app. Bought the Litchi app after reading DJI's response. It is working very well with my Samsung tablet s3. It has breathed new life into my flying experience. Hopefully Dji will fix after enough complaints.

I do recommend the Litchi app.
What was their response?
I don't see it and I'm very curious to read it.

DJI really needs to get a handle on their software. Their drones are great but seems they are slowly loosing control of their apps that control them. IMO they need a total rebuild of their drone apps.

Check this email response out. I used the the 4.2.16 version of the app and seems to work great. Haven't functionally checked everything but the video is good. Let me know what you think. See below.

We received an update from the Engineering team that the temporary solution of the Image Transmission Latency issue is to downgrade the DJI Go 4 app version. Here are the downgrade links:

DJI GO 4 V4.2.12 DJI Go 4-4.2.12
DJI GO 4 V4.2.14 DJI Go 4-4.2.14
DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 DJI Go 4-4.2.16

We truly appreciate your time.

Best Regards,

Hayley
DJI Technical Support
Website DJI Support - Here for You

Reactions: bbooty
Oh don't forget to turn off auto update in the playstore for DJI GO 4. Otherwise in time your device will auto update to the most current version.

Check this email response out. I used the the 4.2.16 version of the app and seems to work great. Haven't functionally checked everything but the video is good. Let me know what you think. See below.

We received an update from the Engineering team that the temporary solution of the Image Transmission Latency issue is to downgrade the DJI Go 4 app version. Here are the downgrade links:

DJI GO 4 V4.2.12 DJI Go 4-4.2.12
DJI GO 4 V4.2.14 DJI Go 4-4.2.14
DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 DJI Go 4-4.2.16

We truly appreciate your time.

Best Regards,

Hayley
DJI Technical Support
Website DJI Support - Here for You
Hi thanks for this valuable info. I tried to download 4.2.16 twice and I get an error saying it's corrupt

Hi thanks for this valuable info. I tried to download 4.2.16 twice and I get an error saying it's corrupt

Huh? I just downloaded 4.2.16 from this site of of my post after I saw your message. I downloaded onto a Samsung galaxy tab3 and I got no errors.

Do you have a good wifi signal? Any security features stopping the download?

Downloading it is not an issue, it won't install.
Huh? I just downloaded 4.2.16 from this site of of my post after I saw your message. I downloaded onto a Samsung galaxy tab3 and I got no errors.

Do you have a good wifi signal? Any security features stopping the download?
Here is a screenshot
de9302f19c6ed6f6005f08627fb141cf.jpg

Downloading it is not an issue, it won't install.Here is a screenshot
de9302f19c6ed6f6005f08627fb141cf.jpg

I also had to do this because I was installing outside of playstore. Maybe a little different on each device.

Setting up your device
While there could be some slight variation in exactly where you'll find this setting on your Android phone, it's usually buried within one of the security menus.

1. Head to Settings
  2. Then Security and lock screen or on other devices this might just be called Security
  3. Check Allow installation from unknown sources, as shown below.
By checking this, you'll be able to install APK files downloaded from outside the Google Play STore. Often, if you're prompted to allow installation of files from unknown sources while actually trying to install one, a pop up will ask you if you want to allow just this installation, or to allow them by default.

I had to do this when installing/ downloading outside of playstore.

Setting up your device
While there could be some slight variation in exactly where you'll find this setting on your Android phone, it's usually buried within one of the security menus.

1. Head to Settings
  2. Then Security and lock screen or on other devices this might just be called Security
  3. Check Allow installation from unknown sources, as shown below.
By checking this, you'll be able to install APK files downloaded from outside the Google Play STore. Often, if you're prompted to allow installation of files from unknown sources while actually trying to install one, a pop up will ask you if you want to allow just this installation, or to allow them by default.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato