DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Jerky

Your Windows computer may not have sufficient graphics computing power for full 4K video. Different video apps require different processing capabilities. I've found VLC seems to require more processing power. Windows Movies & TV seems more lightweight.

Reactions: Tufargon
I like Pot Player but as mentioned above Winblows Movies and TV works probably the best or you could also try MPC-BE X64.

Always post your exported video on line , that way you will know that your computer is most likely not able to play it nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I use ShotCut to create my videos. For a quick method to view a 4K video I will export it to 1080p compressed. I can then evaluate the quality of entire video to analyze what is good and what needs to be fixed. It works better then the frustrations of looking at a jerky or bad 4K output.

Your Windows computer may not have sufficient graphics computing power for full 4K video. Different video apps require different processing capabilities. I've found VLC seems to require more processing power. Windows Movies & TV seems more lightweight.
Yes, you are correct and thanks for your response! Windows Movies & TV plays the video just fine. My computer is a Dell XPS 15 inch with 32 GB of RAM and only a little over 2 years old, so I would have thought it could handle it.

SO glad I found this thread. My new Air2S was recording and showing laggy/jerky videos on playback (4K/30fps) using VLC - I was about to send it to DJI for repair (bad gimbel??). Have a fairly fast computer (i7-10700/16gb) and I never even considered it might be the computer itself that was too slow.
I read the posts and did a google search for Pot Player and while reading, saw that if using VLC you go to Preferences/Input/Codecs/Hardware-accelerated decoding and disable it, might help.
I did exactly that and it worked!! Butter/smooth video playback.
Great forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming