DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Jitter on Mavic 3

As long as windows is installed as C: Drive didn’t matter in what partition is. The first partition usually is EFI hides partition that has the partition table information and is hidden without letter. You can see it in Partition manegement or using the command diskpart. If you have modified partitions I recommend backup the data and clean the partition and reinstall windows.

As long as windows is installed as C: Drive didn’t matter in what partition is. The first partition usually is EFI hides partition that has the partition table information and is hidden without letter. You can see it in Partition manegement or using the command diskpart. If you have modified partitions I recommend backup the data and clean the partition and reinstall windows.
Thanks! I think a reinstall of windows is the only thing that's going to allow it. I've been fighting with it for a year.
Since my last reply, Filmora have just sent out an update, which seems to have reduced the flicker in export.
It hasn't eradicated it altogether though.

Hey everyone,

Wondered if you can offer suggestions to avoid video jitter in my drone shots. I film using ND filters, 5K 50FPS with the exposure showing as perfect. Frame rate of 1/100 to stick to the 180 rule. Noticed in my shots that there is a decent amount of jitter in the video. Should the frame rate be double for a 50FPS video?

Jitter also seems noticeable in the corners of the frame on videos where the drone is flying straight. I am using H265 codec in Normal mode. Using a 2020 MacBook Pro, Intel i7 with 32GB of ram. Any thoughts or suggestions for smooth video would be great! Can’t seem to get those smooth videos we see on YouTube.

Thanks so much!
Jitter or "judder" is a real issue in all of videography. I'm betting you see it more when you are turning as it shows up more there. The only thing I've done that works is always go around corners slowly (speed up in post if necessary). Keep your max speed at around 2-3 mph and manually override to go faster in straight lines but this will keep you slow when you aren't on the sticks. When programming a mission also keep the curves slow. Nothing else has worked for me including all the different frame rates etc. Practice with the sticks going around curves slow and smooth. There are sticks you can buy called CineSticks that are made to smooth out motion, you can try those.

I'm having the same issue with Filmora X. The footage is great straight from the Mavic 3, but tried all kinds of different options after editing, and they all come out with a horrible flickering once exported. Thinking of trying a different Editor. But don't want to pay a fortune.
Davinci won't run on my PC due to the way it is partitioned.
Is Lumafusion any good? Others?
Jitter or "judder" is a real issue in all of videography. I'm betting you see it more when you are turning as it shows up more there. The only thing I've done that works is always go around corners slowly (speed up in post if necessary). Keep your max speed at around 2-3 mph and manually override to go faster in straight lines but this will keep you slow when you aren't on the sticks. When programming a mission also keep the curves slow. Nothing else has worked for me including all the different frame rates etc. Practice with the sticks going around curves slow and smooth. There are sticks you can buy called CineSticks that are made to smooth out motion, you can try those.

Reactions: Bransty
The M3 records at a maximum of 5K 50FPS. 60 FPS is not supported. Perhaps 5K 30FPS with 1/60 is the better choice?
5k 50 FPS while flying straight with a shutter of 100 should give excellent video with no stutter. Most video I take with my M3 is at those settings, no issues. Edit your 5k video then export it in 4k and your problem will be solved... provided your PC will play the unedited 5k smoothly.

That’s weird, 50 or 60 FPS at 100/ 120 shutter should be giving you clean corners. The Cine sticks are excellent advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e