DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Playback on 4K Samsung tv

Rome1968

Reactions
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am looking for some advice/recommendations for playing Mavic 4k videos to a Samsung 4k tv.

The tv has a USB 3.0 port, however looking into the specs, only reads at a 40 mbs speed. If that is true, will my videos appear choppy/stutter upon playback?

If so, is there a device that will allow my to play raw, full 4k videos without compromise on the market (outside of using a Laptop)?

You can only try. Ask someone to upload a raw 4K. I am work and I.T will complain about someone clogging the upload bandwidth.
Some TV's may buffer or cache file or use a more efficient codec playback.

Is it a smart TV? Does it have plex? You can easily store the files anywhere you have the plex server then view them on any plex capable device, smart TV, chromcast or Amazon Fire ect.

I think Samsung doesn't support the H265 codec on their 4K TVs that might be the problem

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is it a smart TV? Does it have plex? You can easily store the files anywhere you have the plex server then view them on any plex capable device, smart TV, chromcast or Amazon Fire ect.
I will have to look into plex. Not quite sure if it is available.

I
My older JU6850 happily plays the Mavic's footage straight from the card when using the USB3 port and an USB3 reader.

The Mavic doesn't do H265.

I may have to look into a card reader and go through the USB3 port to start. If that doesnt work, perhaps a card reader with HDMI cable (if available?) And go through hdmi port to eliminate a 40 mbs read speed issue of the USB3 port.

Its good to know that you are having success with the reader/USB3 option however. Thanks for the input.

Im hoping this option will allow me to view my gopro hero 5 4k footage was well.

I don't know where you got that 40 from, but it certainly isn't 40Mb/s. Maybe 40MB/s, which is perfectly OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS