DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Record stop/start switch not responding on Smart Controller

Gerry36

Reactions
I cannot start/stop video record using the switch on the top left corner of my M2Z Smart Controller. However I can still start/stop video record using the red button on the Flight Screen and with the record icon on the Quick Settings page.

I am not particularly familiar with the various options available with the controller and have spent some time trying to learn my way around. Could have I accidentally changed a setting or have I got a fault with this control?

I think these buttons can not be reconfigured, so that should not be the problem.
Maybe you can play around with the settings, especially regarding normal mode vs any of the smart modes, and also check whether you have the film or photo setting active in the app.

I think these buttons can not be reconfigured, so that should not be the problem.
Maybe you can play around with the settings, especially regarding normal mode vs any of the smart modes, and also check whether you have the film or photo setting active in the app.

Thanks for the interest. I have not tried any of the smart modes yet and I will investigate the settings in the near future. I have not seen any indication that the video or photo switches can be reconfigured. The basic problem is that the Video switch is having no effect in video mode or in photo mode but that is no surprise.

Thanks for the interest. I have not tried any of the smart modes yet and I will investigate the settings in the near future. I have not seen any indication that the video or photo switches can be reconfigured. The basic problem is that the Video switch is having no effect in video mode or in photo mode but that is no surprise.

my video button would flick to vid, then flick back to photo - i could only very quickly touch the record button to make it record, and i couldnt use the SMART modes... i couldnt resolve it with 3 devices or 2 different controllers so i sent it back to dji and i hopefully get it back tomorrow - they state they didnt do anything but reset the camera settings - i personally think there is something up as ive seen another fella on this forum with the same issue. They posted that they could not reproduce my issue and sent me a vid of it all working - so fingers crossed.

vid of my issue....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR