DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video recording stops at 4:50

PeytonM

Reactions
MavicAir, new user. 64GB Sandisk Extreme PRO. Formatted in MA. Confirmed that video is going to Sandisk.

Shot @ 4K

Four flights. Each recorded for 4:50, and then started another file. For example, my last flight was split into 2 files. The first file that contains the 4:50 video is 3.5GB, the second file! containing the last 1:09 of the flight, is 856MB.

Why is flight being split into 2 files like this? It’s happened the other 3 flights I’ve done. The first part of the flight is always 4:50 and 3.5MB.

Its down to the file sizes, maximum file size is 4gb i believe so continues shooting will result in multiple files. this is the same for all digital video recording. I assume a solution will be become available at some point otherwise in 20 years time we'll all be shooting 128k video with a maximum record time of only 14 seconds! ??

Reactions: Thomas B
Videos always split around 4 GB. Since there is no way to prevent that from occurring, you'll need to rejoin the videos using a video editor after you're done flying.

OP, the best solution is to shoot only what you need, and then stop the recording. We know that recording will stop at around 4 minutes, so try to keep your clips shorter. Do your clips need to be 4 minutes or longer? Best to keep them shorter, edit them, and keep only what you need.

OP, one more thing. If you downres to a lower resolution, you might be able to get longer clips. I still recommend keeping clips shorter to reduce editing and rendering time.

Posted this on another tread earlier today, hope it is of some use to you.

You have to use the NTFS format to get lager file sizes but the Mavic uses FAT.
If you connect your SD card to your PC and go to property's it will show FAT, that is the limiting factor.

I first discovered this when transferring video to an external drive, it was saying not enough room in destination, I had for example an 8 gig file and 600gig free.
At first I thought my hard drive had a problem so formatted it in NTFS and it transferred no problem.

Why your USB drive's file format matters: FAT32 vs. exFAT vs. NTFS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks