DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video settings, 5-way and AE Lock.

Dronealta

Reactions
The Mavic 2 Pro is even better that my previous P3 And M1P. A miracle machine.
I thought I would relate my suggestions for exposure control. With so much to think about and the limited flight duration, I find it too cumbersome using full manual control and having to move in and out of the video menu. Instead, I keep the following settings for all video.
I set to Shutter priority and Auto ISO. Then I set the shutter speed 1/60 for the 30 fps. The knurled wheel is used to adjust the combination of aperture and ISO if required, to keep the aperture in the "sweet spot" for example. On the 5-way, I set "up" to gimbal up/down, "left" to decrease EV and "right" to increase EV. Crucially, I set "down" to AE lock.
I watch the histogram and zebra stripes and set correct exposure using 5-way "left/right". Then, so that the exposure does not change during the "take", I set AE Lock. This is somewhat similar to using full manual control but without having switch in and out of the menu. Just release the AE Lock to expose for the next "take".
Perhaps this sounds a bit complicated I find it the best way for steady and correct exposure for video. Depending on the conditions, an ND filter may be needed.

Reactions: Rastus and buddb55
The Mavic 2 Pro is even better that my previous P3 And M1P. A miracle machine.
I thought I would relate my suggestions for exposure control. With so much to think about and the limited flight duration, I find it too cumbersome using full manual control and having to move in and out of the video menu. Instead, I keep the following settings for all video.
I set to Shutter priority and Auto ISO. Then I set the shutter speed 1/60 for the 30 fps. The knurled wheel is used to adjust the combination of aperture and ISO if required, to keep the aperture in the "sweet spot" for example. On the 5-way, I set "up" to gimbal up/down, "left" to decrease EV and "right" to increase EV. Crucially, I set "down" to AE lock.
I watch the histogram and zebra stripes and set correct exposure using 5-way "left/right". Then, so that the exposure does not change during the "take", I set AE Lock. This is somewhat similar to using full manual control but without having switch in and out of the menu. Just release the AE Lock to expose for the next "take".
Perhaps this sounds a bit complicated I find it the best way for steady and correct exposure for video. Depending on the conditions, an ND filter may be needed.

That is pretty much my practice as well. Though I fix the ISO at 100, due to the noise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127