DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision System Calculation Failed Error

coryh4225

Reactions
I'm trying to calibrate my MA with the DJI Assistant 2 software (up to date) and when it gets to the end it always throws this error. I've tried different resolutions and monitors and no luck. Everything seems to go smoothly but at the end when its calculating the results it gives me the same error. Anyone have this issue?

Attachments

• cali.png
    cali.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 39
I emailed tech support and this is what they sent me back.

1. Check if the vision sensors are dirty.
They are clean

2. Check the sensor status in the calibration interface. If one image becomes black or grey, then the sensors are damaged. In this case, the product should be sent back for repair.
The video feeds look perfect. Look exactly like they do in calibration videos.

3. Update the firmware to the latest version with the newest version of DJI Assistant 2.
Everything is updated and I've tried setting everything to factory reset.

4. A display that’s 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration.
Tried a 22" and 34" monitor

5. Set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. (Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.)
Tried 1920x1080 and 3440x1440

6. Restart the PC and the aircraft multiple times.
Restarted everything several times.

Are you logged in to your DJI acc’t? Are you connected physically to the computer and SD card removed?

Are you logged in to your DJI acc’t? Are you connected physically to the computer and SD card removed?

Yes I'm logged into my account and I'm connected with the oem cable that came with the ma. I do have the SD card inserted. Is this an issue?

no luck, got the same error. Here is the Learn more screen.

Don't mind the red X under MC Output. I had already unplugged the MA after I got the error.

If it were me, I’d uninstall the Assistant2 software, clear my computer cache, redownload and reinstall... maybe call DJI also.

Uninstalled it. Restarted the computer and reinstalled it with a fresh download and still received the error. Decided to go ahead and try it on my surface pro tablet and what do ya know it worked perfect. Only thing is it's only a 12.3" monitor. Do you think the calibration is good being that small of a screen?

Reactions: Thomas B
Sometimes devices are so strange...
I believe you are good to go. The calibration was on your drone.
I have used my iPhone to successfully calibrate everything on my Spark and MPP.

Sometimes devices are so strange...
I believe you are good to go. The calibration was on your drone.
I have used my iPhone to successfully calibrate everything on my Spark and MPP.

I'll test it out tomorrow and see how it does. I'm just glad it was my computer and not the MA. Really didn't want to have to send it in for repair I've only had it a week ?.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: Thomas B
I'll test it out tomorrow and see how it does. I'm just glad it was my computer and not the MA. Really didn't want to have to send it in for repair I've only had it a week ?.

Thanks for the help
Not sure I actually helped, but glad it all worked for you! Happy flying!

Reactions: coryh4225
I had callibration difficulties (sensors) and tried over and over again on my 34" screen.
After more than an hour I gave it up.
Later that day I tried again, this time with my 13" laptop
and I succeeded.
Apparently moving the MA before the smaller screen was more easy.

I had the same issue and ended up using the early version of assistant 2 and it worked a treat.

Set your screen size to 16”. Minimize your assistant screen from the calibration screen (you should still be able to view assistant screen in the background). Then go into your computer display settings. Change resolution option starting with the worst (lowest numbers you see) and keep changing them till you get to where the screen on the assistant, changes to the black checked pattern.
It’s weird fix but it works to solved my issues with the same issue.

Reactions: Mrmund
I had the same problem, but I have managed to get it to work with my Mavic 2Z
1/ I removed the HD card - not sure if this is relevant.
2/ Cleaned all the sensors - I found one to have a hair stuck on it - I think this is relevant.
3/ I used my 27" 4k monitor without issue
4/ I held the aircraft still and changed the angle to follow the blue box movement - large angle changes when close to the monitor. It complains if I moved the position of the aircraft - left/right/up/down
I hope that this will help a little

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes