DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VLC Player no longer recommended

THE CYBORG

Reactions
VLC player is now out of favour after thinking something was wrong with my M2P.
I posted on another thread that I was having problems with stuttering video when I yaw.
I deleted my last video files in a little temper tantrum because the stuttering was so bad.
I then tested out all the different video settings, still stuttered with yaw.
Thought maybe I should do the latest update for my Smart Controller (what a pain that was)
After the update no different.
The only option left was it must be my PC so I rolled back to a restore point, this resulted in opening video in the default Windows media player and no stutter, YEY.
I attempted to play with VLC and the stutter returned, reinstall VLC but no better.
I have recommended VLC for as many years I can remember but after the frustration is caused it’s off the list now.
If anyone is using VLC I would appreciate some feedback on how it is working for you.

VLC player is now out of favour after thinking something was wrong with my M2P.
I posted on another thread that I was having problems with stuttering video when I yaw.
I deleted my last video files in a little temper tantrum because the stuttering was so bad.
I then tested out all the different video settings, still stuttered with yaw.
Thought maybe I should do the latest update for my Smart Controller (what a pain that was)
After the update no different.
The only option left was it must be my PC so I rolled back to a restore point, this resulted in opening video in the default Windows media player and no stutter, YEY.
I attempted to play with VLC and the stutter returned, reinstall VLC but no better.
I have recommended VLC for as many years I can remember but after the frustration is caused it’s off the list now.
If anyone is using VLC I would appreciate some feedback on how it is working for you.

VLC is still running fine and smooth as ever for me (Win10 / VLC3.0.11).
It's usually a driver issue but perhaps not if the rollback didn't help.

Were the problem files h264 or h265? Do you have a sample one you can share?

So what are you recommending now as an alternative to VLC player?

VLC is still running fine and smooth as ever for me (Win10 / VLC3.0.11).
It's usually a driver issue but perhaps not if the rollback didn't help.

Were the problem files h264 or h265? Do you have a sample one you can share?

This is a test shot I know it was windy but it is terrible when I play it in VLC
I tested out all settings on different clips including h265 & h265
I know some of the sky is overexposed but I was only out to test the yaw

Last edited:
This is a test shot I know it was windy but it is terrible when I play it in VLC
I tested out all settings on different clips including h265 & h265
I know some of the sky is overexposed but I was only out to test the yaw

Ah sorry I meant do you have the original file so I can try it on VLC here.

And yeah that's pretty windy but the mavic is holding position like a champ!

Reactions: zeusfl
To big unless I host it somewhere first
WeTransfer is easy for file sup to 2Gb?

With the amount of work that goes on with VLC I'd be surprised if that's where the issue itself lies, so it'd be good to get to the bottom of this. (Even if you never use VLC again ?)

I've had other Adobe products that wouldn't work correctly with VLC installed, so I removed it a year ago. Windows Media Player is going away, but I've been having good luck with the unlikely but reliable "Movies and TV" app on WIndows 10.

WeTransfer is easy for file sup to 2Gb?

With the amount of work that goes on with VLC I'd be surprised if that's where the issue itself lies, so it'd be good to get to the bottom of this. (Even if you never use VLC again ?)
Found a small one 289mb and it gets to 68% and stops using attach files :rolleyes:
Drag & drop says
1.JPG

Last edited:
Check this page and go through your settings, it is possible during a VLC update that some of your old parameters didn't get transferred. On this link scroll down past the first ad: VLC lagging, skipping or stuttering [Full Fix]
The only time I have ever had with VLC was when I tried to play 2K or higher with it when my computer GPU wasn't "good" enough. New computer...now plays anything :p

Check this page and go through your settings, it is possible during a VLC update that some of your old parameters didn't get transferred. On this link scroll down past the first ad: VLC lagging, skipping or stuttering [Full Fix]
The only time I have ever had with VLC was when I tried to play 2K or higher with it when my computer GPU wasn't "good" enough. New computer...now plays anything :p

My settings are already at

VLC.JPG

VLC plays everything but my drone video clips perfectly, I don't understand what is happening but it’s doing my head in.
PC plays 4k no problem but not my drone stuff in any resolution.
Think I may do a full format of my PC but that's for another day.

Last edited:
Cyborg, ii you can crop and save the crop to a 10 second clip and then post it, maybe those of us with VLC can see if the stutter shows on our pcx?

OK I cut a clip down but cant upload mp4 files.
Mavic Pilots says file type not supported.

To big unless I host it somewhere first
Have you tried this if you use Apple? I bought the full App (not expensive) and use it on my iphone 11 Pro running DJI Fly and my Mavic Air 2. I can reduce a source video file of around 700MB down to about 7MB, for direct emailing. The videos are remarkably clear, still. It is not for making production movies, but it is very handy. They also make an App (that I have, too) to reduce still frames. Cheers

Have you tried this if you use Apple? I bought the full App (not expensive) and use it on my iphone 11 Pro running DJI Fly and my Mavic Air 2. I can reduce a source video file of around 700MB down to about 7MB, for direct emailing. The videos are remarkably clear, still. It is not for making production movies, but it is very handy. They also make an App (that I have, too) to reduce still frames. Cheers

That's re-encoding the video so likely wouldn't give a good test - it'd be the same as uploading to youtube really. An original file direct from the drone would be much better.

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21