DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VLC Player no longer recommended

I played some 4K MPP video with high rates of yaw through VLC, Win Media Player, Avidmux & Power Director 18. Avidmux had trouble with it even standing still. Cars on the freeway had a real stutter. But the other three were identical with maybe a slight edge going to VLC. Latest versions, default settings....I see a jumpyness but not any more than I expect at high rates of yaw. Collected at 4K 30fps MP4.

I noticed that with VLC, but the native Windows 10 photo app played them flawlessly (H.264).

I have always seen what appears as blurred video during pans and yaws on any PC, and that's just with 1080p. Used to have stuttering every few seconds, even without yaw, but that cleared up with upgrade to better video card.

OK used We Transfer, for some reason the first few seconds are blank but it’s OK after that.

Short Test.mp4
In my (totally unscientific) test that looks about the same here on VLC, WMP and MPC-BE.
To my eye there is a very very slight judder visible mainly on the sky during playback. Possibly slightly worse on vlc, but I can't be sure. They all have the grain overlay that seems pervasive on dji products!

Is that what you're getting or is it significantly worse on vlc?

Interestingly though it is running at an unusual 21.68 frames a second?

For what it's worth your machine is more powerful than mine, so should more than handle this clip at least. I guess you might be best off using MPC until one day that inexplicably stops working ?

In my (totally unscientific) test that looks about the same here on VLC, WMP and MPC-BE.
To my eye there is a very very slight judder visible mainly on the sky during playback. Possibly slightly worse on vlc, but I can't be sure. They all have the grain overlay that seems pervasive on dji products!

Is that what you're getting or is it significantly worse on vlc?

Interestingly though it is running at an unusual 21.68 frames a second?

For what it's worth your machine is more powerful than mine, so should more than handle this clip at least. I guess you might be best off using MPC until one day that inexplicably stops working ?

With VLC it is BAD, original was shot at 30fps 1/60 shutter so I don't know where the 21.68 fps came from.

FPS.JPG

I don't have a clue why VLC won't play my video’s when I yaw especially as I had no problem in the past, everything else is perfect.
My PC normally has no problem with 4k.

VLC and Potplayer have been getting worse the last couple years. Why not just try MPC-BE and see. Post your results so people will know.

VLC and Potplayer have been getting worse the last couple years. Why not just try MPC-BE and see. Post your results so people will know.
I did try MPC-BE, at first I thought it was great but it can’t play some of my video (not necessarily from my Mavic) without purchasing codecs, the free program is no longer free.

I did try MPC-BE, at first I thought it was great but it can’t play some of my video (not necessarily from my Mavic) without purchasing codecs, the free program is no longer free.

I've just installed it and it seems to be free to me. I've tried it successfully with a number of different file formats. Which video formats are you having issues with?

Reactions: Tufargon
I've just installed it and it seems to be free to me. I've tried it successfully with a number of different file formats. Which video formats are you having issues with?
I am in the process of backing up the stuff I want on my PC before I format & reinstall Windows so I have got rid of a lot of video in the process, I can only assume it was something unusual because I can play anything I have left without any problem.

I can only assume it was something unusual because I can play anything I have left without any problem.

It seemed to cope with some unusual formats when I tried it. That said, the default Windows 10 video player ("Movies & TV”) seems to play back the smoothest for me.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk