DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want to buy the Mini but being blocked :(

PF, it was like an episode of the Twilight Zone, just got her at a good time. She's living with her mother at the moment because of CV19 so I go to visit for a takeaway, I'd sent her link to this post and she showed genuine interest, then I remarked how Note has become laggy and slow (not) next thing she says, oh get a new phone but think I shocked her when said might try iPhone because I'm always slating Apple or Crapple as I say, next thing she's ordered this top of range iPhone on interest free delivery Monday. **** I think, what about my drone then, thought that be no go, casually show her on Amazon and next thing she's telling me to order combo. Yes your right getting cheaper phone and better Mavic but didn't have time to think, could have blown the whole thing, home now and honestly sitting here in shock, I'll never ever work women out, especially my wife, fantastic result but I'm not allowed to look and play until Wednesday. My dad sadly died last year at 92, clever bloke as directed overhead train track wiring UK and India and came up with the idea to pull ships through Panama Canal using wire instead of chain, anyway his spare bedroom was full of model railway stuff, flying models and gadgets, stay young mate and always enjoy toys he used to say, he was right. You only live once and this pandemic makes you realise you have to make the most out of life eh, Mini will be fine for me to learn with and will be on here for help I'm sure.

That's ok, best not rock the boat then.
Just practise, low down before you go out and about or in the house with guards on. IT IS remarkably stable using just the vision sensors on the bottom but it does need good light. I flew it along the top landing and then down the stairs and it would have been fine going down the stairs but I had't put the lights on over the stairs and it didn't like that, hindsight is a wonderful thing,

That's ok, best not rock the boat then.
Just practise, low down before you go out and about or in the house with guards on. IT IS remarkably stable using just the vision sensors on the bottom but it does need good light. I flew it along the top landing and then down the stairs and it would have been fine going down the stairs but I had't put the lights on over the stairs and it didn't like that, hindsight is a wonderful thing,
?Thumbswayup

Hello everyone,
So this was going to be my first Drone and I fell in love with the DJI Mavic Mini, watched YouTube video after video and thought yes, that's the one for me, perfect for my photography passion. I was just about to click the Amazon button when started to discover problems users have loading the Fly App being very fussy and only seeming to work if you have a new up to date phone. Surely not I thought, so tried my trusted and still very potent Galaxy Note 4 32bit, Lenovo 8" tablet 32bit and finally Huawei 12" tablet 64bit, not any of my hardware would load the app, even after side install. This is not good and loathed if I'm being forced into buying a new phone just to fly this drone. The marketing is dire and surely there must be many people like me in this position so why do Mavic make such ridiculous limitations such as this. As for my final option I thought I'd ask on the forum before giving up with this to see if I'm being the idiot and is there an easy solution to this and if not what drone would others recommend sub £400 with good stills photography ability, answers would be very much appreciated.
tj
I bought a second hand Samsung for $60.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I recently purchased an MPP and bought a refurbished Ipad Mini 4 128GB Cellular (unlocked) on Ebay for £239.00. It was like brand new. Perfect for the DJI G04 app.

Thanks for the reply, yes probably saying being blocked was just frustration, I keep coming back to the Mini but worry that if I get some cheap tablet or phone from ebay that I find that fails me, do you know of any device that sells cheapish second hand that will work with the Mini ?
I ise a iPhone 6s for my mini and it works great booght it with a garbage battery for 40$ and spent 40 getting new battery replaced

I have an iPhone 8 that I use, but prefer to use a 1st gen iPad for the bigger screen.

How did you manage to load the DJI Fly app onto your 1st gen iPad? I wanted to install it on my 3rd gen iPad but it needs iOS 10 and my iPad is limited to iOS 9.

Moto x4 Android One works and also Google Pixel3A..

Many have mentioned 64 bit needed for app to run and probably true. But one other thing I have noticed may be the reason many fail.

I have noticed that of 6 phones I tried, some recent, some new.

Only the Phones that supported OTG via the usb port would load the DJI Fly App

Also as a side note using the DJI usb cable the Moto X4 will work ONLY if the plug is inserted at what appears to be upside down..line facing away from controller vs towards it.
I bought a longer usb for that phone to make it easier to plug in to controller.

The Pixel 3A the cable works plugged in either direction.

BTW that may explain charging issues some have mentioned as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian