DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Zone Class D - Flying in my garden

Amir91

Reactions
Hey guys,

Just got my new Mavic Pro and I keep getting a warning zone saying I'm in a Class D zone.

I know for a fact I'm miles away from the nearest airport, and any aircraft that do pass by are literally thousands of feet up in the air.

In my home area I'm just flying the mavic pro around my garden in order to practice with it, but I have a question.

Can my drone be tracked and if so, is there a possibility of the police showing up at my door?

As I said, the drone isn't leaving my garden in this area, nor is it really going high enough to be blown into anyone else's property so as to cause damage.

I'm not a trouble maker and wouldn't use the drone to race around or do any dangerous flying etc. I'm just concerned about being monitored and charged with some kind of felony...

I'm about 15 miles from the nearest airport and get warnings.
If you were in a restricted zone, the software wouldn't even let you take off.
Bit of a PITA but just ignore the warnings. Don't worry about the police turning up either. ;-)

Class D is fine just follow the line of sight rules and buildings and people and you will be fine.

Wow, thanks for the swift replies guys.

So essentially, there's no one sitting infront of a computer seeing my name, address etc flashing up on their screen?

So essentially, there's no one sitting infront of a computer seeing my name, address etc flashing up on their screen?
No.

Check into DJI website, click Support - Fly Safe. Find GEO System and read all the info about it.

DJI’s Geospatial Environment Online (GEO) is a best-in-class geospatial information system providing DJI users with up-to-date guidance on areas where flight may be limited due to safety concerns or regulations. This provides DJI users with information that will help them make smart decisions about where and when to fly.

Watch your altitude. 3/4 of the U.S is a Class D it seems. I never realized how many airports existed. And I'm talking about about dirt strip runways and mowed helipads. Lol.

Just use Kittyhawk before you launch. It will tell you what air space you are in. It will let you know of any notams and also tell you the max height you can fly at in your specific area. And best of all it will give you access to laanc and grant your request to fly automatically. I’m within 5 miles of a major airport. But on the very outside circle. I can fly 100 ft in my grid. If I go a couple blocks away I can fly 200 ft. If I go a half mile in the other direction it’s a no fly zone 00 no take off. It’s a nice program and keeps you compliant if you are a recreational flyer in air space close to airports. It will send you an email confirmation as well as a confirmation in the app itself. Skydog3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada