DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was $16 part is 10 times higher now $160? Gimbal Motor Y on Mavic 2

Reactions
Hi Fellow Mavic Pilots:

My dilemma merely monetary as I can go to Bangood and buy complete bracket for $ 130 or $160 Zoom and Pro as I have already purchased one. But I also had ordered the part on Ebay for $45 and it has now become unavailable.

I have not found an currently available option to this repair except to buy full bracket. I had my order at Ebay come back as refunded after waiting a month. What is ythe issue with this part? Does anyone know if I am wrong and I just need to find a supplier?

1627852255029.png
1627852055730.png1627852101726.png1627852126527.png

I doubt that the two complete brackets are interchangable, I have just measured the distance between the outer faces of the pitch-pivot end-covers and it is 50mm for the pro and approximatley 48mm for the zoom so you need to look at/for the correct one. I do not know if the motors are interchangeable.

If you can not source a motor on its own, then, aside from buying a possibly pattern? bracket, the only option I see as open to you is to gamble on the likes of an ebayed "for parts" gimbal assembly. There are two for the Zoom showing up for me in the USA, 334091940756 and 334091935842, and I recollect the the seller had or has, a "for-parts" Pro gimbal for sale.
Unfortunately for me import duties are the killer for this and I face gambling that a Chinese seller will send the correct cheap? bits if I go with that option, I want the LH end cap for the pitch pivot of the Zoom's gimbal. I may end up making one from a Lurpak margarine tub lol.

Good.
If by any chance your do need the rear arm pivots shown, hopefully not, be sure to browse some you tube videos first. The arms have a lug on their inner end and the arm MUST be in a certain position for the lug to slide through a groove in the bore of the pivot. The lug on my 'suspect' arm was broken off so it didn't matter when dismantling but I had to work out how things fitted together for reassembly

Reactions: getbehindmesatan
ebay has become a bad place to shop look around you may find it somewhere else , i,ll keep my eyes open for one

they have forced a change on sellars they won,t send payments to pay pal anymore so if you don,t haVE AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS A ROUTING NUMBER SELLERS DON,T GET THERE MONEY FOR SALES and some don,t like it. Also getting costumer support from anyone besides a computer is next to impossible and the site has become hard to navigate that could be part of the reason they didn,t have the part avalible any more I,m retired i don,t need a checking account so all my sales were tied up till i opened an account before the only payments i have go to pay pal so i had to open an account so i could send it back to pay pal and there are alot of other sellars out there that are having similar problems so when sales are made they just don,t ship them anymore and trying to remove items is so hard they just ignore it and find somewhere else to sell

Interesting.

As a buyer I have had no 'new' issues with sellers not sending stuff and this includes one or two purchases from Chinese sellers.
However I have noticed that recently my payments have shown"pending" for a few minutes after I have made payment via paypal and I do have to log in to Paypal to make payment (previously it was all automated) but I haven't checked to see if I deleted a linking cookie etc, or unticked something and I can not remember if the "pending" thing and the 'having to log in to Paypal' started simultaneously.

Just found this eBay sellers can no longer use PayPal under new terms

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a can of worms for me (as a seller) took the fun out of it I,m retired and don,t have the time as far as them taking pay pal payments they would be insane not to. Anyway back to your issue I what exactly were you trying to get for your zoomhttps://www.newegg.com/p/0X6-04KT-25EV9

Last edited:
Good.
If by any chance your do need the rear arm pivots shown, hopefully not, be sure to browse some you tube videos first. The arms have a lug on their inner end and the arm MUST be in a certain position for the lug to slide through a groove in the bore of the pivot. The lug on my 'suspect' arm was broken off so it didn't matter when dismantling but I had to work out how things fitted together for reassembly
Thanks you for the heads up on this. I will keep this in mind as I rebuild this.

I was a can of worms for me (as a seller) took the fun out of it I,m retired and don,t have the time as far as them taking pay pal payments they would be insane not to. Anyway back to your issue I what exactly were you trying to get for your zoomhttps://www.newegg.com/p/0X6-04KT-25EV9
Oh My Goodness, you are a huge life saver! I was about to buy this part for $130 and $160 from Banggood. I just ordered from new egg and paid 1/3rd. I am only fearful that Newegg will come back and say this is no loinger available for ythis price as I had happen on ebay last week. I also had a chinese seller cancel my order as I was paying $45 for this part before. 1628378010605.png

Can I buy you a beer? I am going to pose another question about serial numbers and what part designates the serial number. Maybe you will have another amazing answer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato