DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was I rude?

I simply locate myself far enough away when possible and conceal myself that is inaccessible to spectators when possible. They might see the drone, but hopefully they cannot get to me. Wearing a bright color vest makes you get noticed, it might help make you look legit but if I can avoid contact that works better for me.

Couldn't agree more.Thumbswayup An SUV with dark-tinted windows works great. Even comes with A/C and cup-holders to beat the heat/humidity. ?

I also agree as well. I would stay focused on the drone until it is back safely on the ground and then talk with the person for safety reasons [emoji106][emoji846]

I was out flying again, and sure enough, while filming get someone approaching me with questions. I motioned that I had to be paying attention, and the guy walked off. IMO, this is kind of like walking up to someone that's recording video or taking a picture with a camera. I'm not sure what it is about flying a drone that makes some people less considerate of someone. I politely say, "Sorry I have to keep an eye on my drone" and if they're around after I've landed (although I don't like to land with people around) then I'll answer any question they have. The Amazon vest looks nice, although I would rather have "I'm in the middle of recording and will gladly answer your questions once I have concluded" as a message. Maybe I should print these out and put them in my pockets when flying? DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQs

I was out flying again, and sure enough, while filming get someone approaching me with questions. I motioned that I had to be paying attention, and the guy walked off. IMO, this is kind of like walking up to someone that's recording video or taking a picture with a camera. I'm not sure what it is about flying a drone that makes some people less considerate of someone. I politely say, "Sorry I have to keep an eye on my drone" and if they're around after I've landed (although I don't like to land with people around) then I'll answer any question they have. The Amazon vest looks nice, although I would rather have "I'm in the middle of recording and will gladly answer your questions once I have concluded" as a message. Maybe I should print these out and put them in my pockets when flying? DJI Mavic Air 2 Review Of Features, Specs And FAQs
Make is short and sweet- "Sorry, I cannot talk to you now."

Its easy to forget that there are a vast majority of people that do not even understand that there is a camera on the drone, this is why its so easy for them to approach.

One of the best things you can do is lust let them know your recording and testing the drone for search and rescue practice , this almost always let people understand your purpose.

Its a great way of buffing them softly off of your shoulder.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Make is short and sweet- "Sorry, I cannot talk to you now."

That was what I did, I said "sorry I have to keep an eye on my drone". I didn't even really notice his question. Sometimes I wind up leaving the area as I try to find another place that's less crowded. There wasn't anyone around when I started flying.

Had a guy approach me while I was flying, and I had to tell him that I couldn't speak with him while I was flying. I came close to telling him that it was illegal to distract someone that was operating a drone, but I didn't want to come across as "Karen-ish". How does everyone handle these types of situations? I hate feeling rude, but I also don't like the idea of someone trying to talk to me while I'm in flight, it's like approaching someone on a golf course as they're about to tee off and trying to talk to them. I'd consider wearing some headphones, but I figure I'd better be attentive with my surroundings, and headphones would prevent that.
This document works well for me when I hand it to them.
1622501386752.jpeg

Reactions: PAW and Tentoes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk