DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
It was flying to the west when it lost signal. It would have had the sun to its back flying east on its RTH.

If it disconnects you stay put it will come back eventually
Exactly.
Everyone panics and flys it into something, instead of just waiting for it to RTH.

Just put your RTH height higher than the tallest w/e where your going to fly, and your good.
Even if your stupid & fly behind a building and lose signal.
It should stop 180, gain altitude and make it's way back to you.
Even if you close the DJI app in your panic, it's still on it's way back to takeoff point.

And leave the streaming video to your phone option on, even if you dont use it as footage.
Obviously It could come in very handy
So don't panic

Last edited:
Reactions: stratos
I've flown very close to primary power lines in tripod mode as a test and found that in my case, mavic didn't seem to notice.

I imagine the power lines would cause signal interference at longer distances.

Power lines do not explain why mavic chose not to return.

Perhaps the battery was not seated properly? At least a few mavics Are suspected to have fallen out of the sky due to this issue.

Improperly seated battery does not necessarily explain the weak signal warning...

Also, if low on battery, which you were not, mavic will cover more distance in sport mode than p mode.

It was flying to the west when it lost signal. It would have had the sun to its back flying east on its RTH.

I'm just a little curious on whether you actually captured any video footage while doing this run. I would gather that you would have at least seen what happened to your drone with the live feed on. Did you see anything regarding where it was or whether it was truly returning home or flying towards home? Or were you daring and flying blind! Apologies if I have missed out this detail.

I'm just a little curious on whether you actually captured any video footage while doing this run. I would gather that you would have at least seen what happened to your drone with the live feed on. Did you see anything regarding where it was or whether it was truly returning home or flying towards home? Or were you daring and flying blind! Apologies if I have missed out this detail.

I have the video and it is very unhelpful because as soon as the bird diconnects the video stops. So in the video I'm flying along fine at 396ft and the feed cuts.

Exactly.
Everyone panics and flys it into something, instead of just waiting for it to RTH.

Just put your RTH height higher than the tallest w/e where your going to fly, and your good.
Even if your stupid & fly behind a building and lose signal.
It should stop 180, gain altitude and make it's way back to you.
Even if you close the DJI app in your panic, it's still on it's way back to takeoff point.

And leave the streaming video to your phone option on, even if you dont use it as footage.
Obviously It could come in very handy
So don't panic

Couldn't have said it better my self. Yes I have been stupid times myself and even have lost my orientation but the golden rule is: confirm you home location on takeoff and set a RTH altitude higher that anything around. You Mavic will return :)!

I've heard, "The home point has been updated. Please check it on the map.", so many times I hear it in my sleep, but how many actually do?

Reactions: BudWalker
Until it doe
Couldn't have said it better my self. Yes I have been stupid times myself and even have lost my orientation but the golden rule is: confirm you home location on takeoff and set a RTH altitude higher that anything around. You Mavic will return :)!

Until it doesn't.

Until it doe

Until it doesn't.
it's been four hours now... Where is it??...
Exactly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom