DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water Recovery System Test

Tridiver

Reactions
This is a vid of a system I came up with using WaterBuoy and a bracket for the Mav Pro. I made a mockup for the test, didn't quite go as planned but still went good enough for me to use it over water. Wish I had it on my first loss!!! Bolton

Where did you get your WaterBuoys from ? I have an old one I have on my hand held VHF radio but want a new one for my Mavic but can't find them for sale. Even the website www.waterbuoy.com has just a holding page.

Fwiw, I don't want to put you off but in a series of tests I saw a few years ago the failure rate was very high. That was a long time ago though.

Edit : Forgot to say - that is a very professional test you conducted there :)

Fwiw, I don't want to put you off but in a series of tests I saw a few years ago the failure rate was very high. That was a long time ago though.

This is the best I could find other than flying around with piece of foam/football on top. Something is better than nutin. I ordered a few for testing, so I'll do the others too. Haven't looked into getterback yet. I like the big balloon on this. I do most of my flying over water and already lost one mav. so I want something. Bolton

Got it from APS, Annapolis Performance Supply. Sailboat parts etc. Try www.aps.com
Great - thank you :). I have been looking for these for ages. The only downside is that they want $50 for shipping it to the UK which is a bit steep for a $16.45 item. Think I will email them and see if they would put one in the post to me as a favour.

Btw, the correct link is www.apsltd.com

This is the best I could find other than flying around with piece of foam/football on top. Something is better than nutin. I ordered a few for testing, so I'll do the others too. Haven't looked into getterback yet. I like the big balloon on this. I do most of my flying over water and already lost one mav. so I want something. Bolton
I have just ordered a Getterback. If I manage to get hold of a waterbuoy I will put both on !

I looked at this device on the APS website and it had only ONE review and it was a bad one
It simply did not work after being attached for 2 years to a sailor's keys when they went overboard.
Caveat Emptor
;)

There has been several threads on UK sailing forums in the past saying the same thing. The guy famously turned down an investment in Dragons Den here many years ago. Probably a big mistake as surely there must be a market for a device that works reliably.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest