DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waterfall in wooded gorge

Hiwayman

Reactions
So, what would the experts on here advise,...I would like to film a local waterfall (not too close) that drops about 60 feet into a wooded valley. I may lose satellite for GPS as I descend, so any thoughts appreciated...( Including don't do it!!).

Some thoughts:
  • Fly with a fully charged battery
  • Return home before the battery reaches the low level (you don't want it to auto land in the water)
  • Don't initiate RTH (that could cause the drone to land at its current location if the GPS signal is poor)
  • Set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" (see the screenshot below)
  • Turn off the downward sensors if you're going to be flying close to the water (within 30 feet)
  • Don't fly near the surface of the water unless you're able to clearly see the drone with your eyes

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Reactions: Cutitout and pvs
Tripod mode could be useful to give you a bit more control if you're close to banks, trees etc.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Tripod mode could be useful to give you a bit more control if you're close to banks, trees etc.

off topic in a way BUT..i still have not been able to get into TRIPOD MODE with my MP...I am familiar with a good amount of the functions but i am at a loss with Tripod Mode...I believe that the MP must be ON and ready to go and can not be set before being able to get into Tripod Mode...any help appreciated...Thanks,Swings16/Martin...NYC

off topic in a way BUT..i still have not been able to get into TRIPOD MODE with my MP...I am familiar with a good amount of the functions but i am at a loss with Tripod Mode...I believe that the MP must be ON and ready to go and can not be set before being able to get into Tripod Mode...any help appreciated...Thanks,Swings16/Martin...NYC
I think it has to actually be in the air. I know the Mavic 2 Pro is that way but been too long since I tried it with a Mavic Pro, I don't remember.

The Mavic has to be in the air before you can activate tripod mode. Once it's off the ground and hovering just press the remote control icon (looks like a little robot) on the bottom left of your screen and you have access to the intelligent flight modes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun