DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waterfall in wooded gorge

Hiwayman

Reactions
So, what would the experts on here advise,...I would like to film a local waterfall (not too close) that drops about 60 feet into a wooded valley. I may lose satellite for GPS as I descend, so any thoughts appreciated...( Including don't do it!!).

Some thoughts:
  • Fly with a fully charged battery
  • Return home before the battery reaches the low level (you don't want it to auto land in the water)
  • Don't initiate RTH (that could cause the drone to land at its current location if the GPS signal is poor)
  • Set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover" (see the screenshot below)
  • Turn off the downward sensors if you're going to be flying close to the water (within 30 feet)
  • Don't fly near the surface of the water unless you're able to clearly see the drone with your eyes

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Reactions: Cutitout and pvs
Tripod mode could be useful to give you a bit more control if you're close to banks, trees etc.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Tripod mode could be useful to give you a bit more control if you're close to banks, trees etc.

off topic in a way BUT..i still have not been able to get into TRIPOD MODE with my MP...I am familiar with a good amount of the functions but i am at a loss with Tripod Mode...I believe that the MP must be ON and ready to go and can not be set before being able to get into Tripod Mode...any help appreciated...Thanks,Swings16/Martin...NYC

off topic in a way BUT..i still have not been able to get into TRIPOD MODE with my MP...I am familiar with a good amount of the functions but i am at a loss with Tripod Mode...I believe that the MP must be ON and ready to go and can not be set before being able to get into Tripod Mode...any help appreciated...Thanks,Swings16/Martin...NYC
I think it has to actually be in the air. I know the Mavic 2 Pro is that way but been too long since I tried it with a Mavic Pro, I don't remember.

The Mavic has to be in the air before you can activate tripod mode. Once it's off the ground and hovering just press the remote control icon (looks like a little robot) on the bottom left of your screen and you have access to the intelligent flight modes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103