DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wavy Lines in Video when Point near Sun (NOT JELLY)

mikeygomikey

Reactions
Just took my Mavic out for it's first flight. Everything looks good but when I review the footage later I see wavy lines on the screen when the camera is pointed at or near the direction of the sun. It looks almost like a screen refresh issue, like when you record from the window of a prop-place with your iPhone.
The firmware is up to date as of 12/2, the gimbal is calibrated as well as the compass and controller.
Also, this only happens when I'm flying near the direction of the sun, if I'm flying away from the sun it's not an issue.

Any ideas???
Thanks.
(uploading .mov file as a .zip so it's able to show up on the thread. 480p so it's a small file size, but you get the point.)

Attachments

• WavyLines.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
The sun is hitting your front rotor blades, which are casting a shadow across the lens of the camera. Normal. Takes learning to set up your best shots with angles and time-of-day that won't do this.

Reactions: MPPilot
Or a Polarizing Filter that is correctly oriented. I would wait to get them though until Polar Pro comes out with thier Cinema line of filters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto