DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Question

sas8888

Reactions
Once you set up a way point configuration does the MP2 need to stay LOS with the controller to work or does it upload the course and instructions to the drone to fly autonomously ?
Scott

Once you set up a way point configuration does the MP2 need to stay LOS with the controller to work or does it upload the course and instructions to the drone to fly autonomously ?
Scott

No it doesn’t need to be in LOS of the remote or even connected to the remote. The waypoint mission is uploaded to the aircraft and it will fly the mission even if it loses reception to the remote or you turn off the remote.

Having said that most countries including the US have laws that the drone must remain in sight at all times and the pilot (you) need to be in control or able to take control at all times.

Thank you for your reply, and Yes I agree the LOS should be observed. The question is in reference to our farm which is near 1000 hectors (2470 acres) and have had a problem of some invasions and would like to do surveys of our land. No people or structures involved just a lot of coconut trees. Yes I have a lot of land to play around in.

Reactions: brett8883
Thank you for your reply, and Yes I agree the LOS should be observed. The question is in reference to our farm which is near 1000 hectors (2470 acres) and have had a problem of some invasions and would like to do surveys of our land. No people or structures involved just a lot of coconut trees. Yes I have a lot of land to play around in.

Np! And good luck with the invasion problem. Hope you get it resolved!

Will you be establishing "Points of Interest" as you move waypoint to waypoint? I find that to be the most interesting of autonomous flights. Seeing the camera capture the points of interest as it travels from one way point to the next.

Will you be establishing "Points of Interest" as you move waypoint to waypoint? I find that to be the most interesting of autonomous flights. Seeing the camera capture the points of interest as it travels from one way point to the next.
Yes I will be setting up several poi along the way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA