DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints and camera orientation

iavine

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between the pro or air, so don't have a flying drone yet.

I've searched on here and seen that waypoints will be added to the air at some point, so will probably go with the air (smaller size and higher video bit rate)

If I map out a route using waypoints, am I able to rotate the aircraft to point the camera as the route is being followed ?

Are waypoints recorded as lat, lon and height or just lat and lon ?

Thanks
Ian

If I map out a route using waypoints, am I able to rotate the aircraft to point the camera as the route is being followed ?
That is the whole point for flying waypoints. Yes, with the MP you set each waypoint with a camera direction and angle, at least with DJI Ground Station Pro which is a free IOS download. In GO you will have to fly the waypoints yourself first and record the waypoints, as well as the nose heading and camera angle, each time you press a button. I assume with the Air it will be the same.

In GSPro (I think also in GO) you can set the nose direction to follow your stick input while it's flying the waypoint route.

Are waypoints recorded as lat, lon and height
yes.

Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but can DJI Ground Station Pro control the gimbal's horizontal movement during waypoints, similar to how the dji Goggles can pan with gimbal control?

Mike

In GO you will have to fly the waypoints yourself first and record the waypoints, as well as the nose heading and camera angle, each time you press a button. I assume with the Air it will be the same.

Since when did GO waypoints set camera (I.e. gimbal) angle - are you sure about that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan