DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints are here!

JohnC

Reactions
Latest version of the Mavic 2 firmware has arrived. This adds Waypoints, you need version v4.3.12 on iOS and Android, as of writing only iOS available for download

Firmware is for Standard remote and Aircraft, update for Smart Remote not available as yet.

A number of other improvements included including lateral sensors in Hyperlapse.

Downloaded and updated using Assistant 2 takes around 8 mins for the aircraft and around 5 mins for the remote.

Updates are never straight forward lol.

Updated my Mavic 2 Pro using DJI Assistant 2. Update failed at 70%. On restart it carried on from 70% and installed. Restarting the drone took over 5 minutes on DJI Assistant 2!

Plugged in my M2P Remote Controller and the update kept saying successful but each time the updates page reloaded it clearly stated that I was on Firmware Update 2 and that 3 was available. I did this three times in a row and then just quit DJI Assistant 2 and loaded DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and the update worked correctly the first time!

Then both internal and SD cards could no longer be read by Windows 10 and nor could they be repaired by Win 10. So I had to start up the AC and remote and format both internal and 64GB SD card before they could be detected by Windows 10.

All in all a bit of fun for the last hour updating everything.

Lets hope the AC works as expected on the next flight.
Pz

Reactions: ff22
So with waypoint 2.0 you can pre enter a route and let the drone fly it?

With the old waypoint you actually had to fly the route and save each waypoint, and the you could let the drone fly it?

Im from the old heli days. I just learned to take the props off if the drone is on the bench and the power is on. The last thing you want is for the props to start, and chop up anything around.

From what I understand then yes. It’s now more in line with what the Litchi App does.

So you can set waypoints and POI in advance before the flight

Reactions: EdDuran
From what I understand then yes. It’s now more in line with what the Litchi App does.

So you can set waypoints and POI in advance before the flight

Correct and works just fine. No issues with update. Except the APP update didn’t show automatically. I had to go into app stor and click on the app for ‘update’ to show. There is also a battery update.

Updates are never straight forward lol.

Updated my Mavic 2 Pro using DJI Assistant 2. Update failed at 70%. On restart it carried on from 70% and installed. Restarting the drone took over 5 minutes on DJI Assistant 2!

Plugged in my M2P Remote Controller and the update kept saying successful but each time the updates page reloaded it clearly stated that I was on Firmware Update 2 and that 3 was available. I did this three times in a row and then just quit DJI Assistant 2 and loaded DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and the update worked correctly the first time!

Then both internal and SD cards could no longer be read by Windows 10 and nor could they be repaired by Win 10. So I had to start up the AC and remote and format both internal and 64GB SD card before they could be detected by Windows 10.

All in all a bit of fun for the last hour updating everything.

Lets hope the AC works as expected on the next flight.
Pz

are u on the lastest version on dji assistant 2.....ive just downloaded v2.0.6

Reactions: Point Zero
How do I get the new version of the app? I updated my app and firmware last night but the waypoint option isn’t there.

Its on its way according to someone at official DJI forum, maybe later today or tomorrow., its already out on iOS.

My Zoom, remote and 4 battery's are also updated, just waiting for the app.

Im in the UK, update wasn't showing so deleted the Go4 app and reinstalled via IOS App store and now it's all good. Waypoints are now visible as an option

anyone have an issue with it not letting you go above 65 feet for height?....i must be doing something wrong

anyone have an issue with it not letting you go above 65 feet for height?....i must be doing something wrong
Did 6 waypoints today at 300 feet. No issue here with that. I did notice there is no Dolly Zoom. If'n I had to make a choice, I'd take the waypoints anyday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue