DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro We had a frosty morning a while back so I took out the Mavic for a few photo's...I hope you enjoy them.

MavicFlyer2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I found these pictures on our computer and they're from a year ago. I decided that I'd touch them up as good as I could and share them on the Forum. I've been waiting for another opportunity to take more but the weather hasn't cooperated very well yet this winter season.

Attachments

• 001 copy.jpg
    001 copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 002 copy.jpg
    002 copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 003 copy.jpg
    003 copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 004 copy.jpg
    004 copy.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
I found these pictures on our computer and they're from a year ago. I decided that I'd touch them up as good as I could and share them on the Forum. I've been waiting for another opportunity to take more but the weather hasn't cooperated very well yet this winter season.
All very nice shots with good snow exposures. I would have liked the red house to be the center of the subject , not off to the left side. Could be fixed by cropping out the right side.

Dale

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
All very nice shots with good snow exposures. I would have liked the red house to be the center of the subject , not off to the left side. Could be fixed by cropping out the right side.

Dale
Thank you Dale...it was a beautiful morning and it landed on a Saturday so I didn't have to go to work. If we can get some other opportunities coming up I'll be out again so more to come if that happens.
If I remember right you were, or are going, to be going out on another trip around the world ? I hope it went well or goes well for you.

Thank you Dale...it was a beautiful morning and it landed on a Saturday so I didn't have to go to work. If we can get some other opportunities coming up I'll be out again so more to come if that happens.
If I remember right you were, or are going, to be going out on another trip around the world ? I hope it went well or goes well for you.
Hi Mavic Flyer! No...not exactly around there world, but almost ! If Covid abates and Chile remains open to tourism, in the last week of March and first week of April we are planning the following: Miami>Santiago,Chile>Atacama Desert for astrophotography- (darkest skies in there world there). Then back to Santiago for a flight to EASTER ISLAND in the middle of the Pacific Ocean to see th stone statues (moai).

I took the liberty of trying something different with your image. I tried to move the house into the center, so I used Photoshop content aware fill tool for the house and snow, and separately for the road.

Let me know what you think!

Dale
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 7.01.46 PM.pngRed House-content aware fill.jpg

Not sure what @MavicFlyer2 thinks of your edits, but for me, I think it looks too unnatural. The road into the house just starts from nothing. I am also not a fan of altering an original landscape scene to make it look nothing like the original was. To get the house more into the middle, you would have to crop off some of the trees on the right of the image and make it more square. I would still not crop it so much that it would put the house right in the centre and I would probably crop off some of the foreground field of snow.

These are just my own opinions.

Anyway, nice shots MavicFlyer!

Chris

Not sure what @MavicFlyer2 thinks of your edits, but for me, I think it looks too unnatural. The road into the house just starts from nothing. I am also not a fan of altering an original landscape scene to make it look nothing like the original was. To get the house more into the middle, you would have to crop off some of the trees on the right of the image and make it more square. I would still not crop it so much that it would put the house right in the centre and I would probably crop off some of the foreground field of snow.

These are just my own opinions.

Anyway, nice shots MavicFlyer!

Chris
I already noted that they were all really nice images.And of course, these are your own opinions. My goal was to try to see what it would look like if the house had not been decentered to the left of the image. There are plenty of tools available to deal with and fix your critiques, depending only on the amount of time I spent editing it. All of the crops you mentioned could be done. My point was simply to see the house in the center and not on the left of the image.

It's nice to have someone show the capabilities of a software like Adobe and I recognize it as just that, a example, and thank you Dale D for the work you put in to show the change. Now for the next time I go out and compose a shot it's going to be a few shots composed differently each time.
Thank you for your opinion also Chrislaf ...Thumbswayup we're all here to learn and get better at our skills as pilots,composers and post editors etc... It's why I enjoy the forum so much because it help me become better at my work.
Sorry for the late response also. I get up very early and get back 12 hours later from my full time job and sometimes I just call it a day when I get home.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Hi Mavic Flyer! No...not exactly around there world, but almost ! If Covid abates and Chile remains open to tourism, in the last week of March and first week of April we are planning the following: Miami>Santiago,Chile>Atacama Desert for astrophotography- (darkest skies in there world there). Then back to Santiago for a flight to EASTER ISLAND in the middle of the Pacific Ocean to see th stone statues (moai).

I took the liberty of trying something different with your image. I tried to move the house into the center, so I used Photoshop content aware fill tool for the house and snow, and separately for the road.

Let me know what you think!

Dale
Okay I couldn't remember exactly when and where you were going...I hope it works out for you and your trip continues ! It sounds very fun and I can only imagine how beautiful the places are that your going to be visiting. Be safe...Thumbswayup

Okay I couldn't remember exactly when and where you were going...I hope it works out for you and your trip continues ! It sounds very fun and I can only imagine how beautiful the places are that your going to be visiting. Be safe...Thumbswayup
I thank you for your open-mindedness! We are all here to help each other.
Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica