DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Hyperlapse incident

So the saga continues. I deleted the Go 4 app from my iPhone Xs and reinstalled. Still freezing after the first pic. I was able to commandeer my wife's 8 plus. Installed the app and NOPE!! Still freezes after the first pic.

Last update on the issue until I get more suggestions or the problem resolved. I downgraded the FW on the RC. Same issue. Then I downgraded the bird. Same issue. Then I did it vice versa. Nothing worked. I feel like I’ve covered every avenue.

@Thunderdrones have any input?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Well all of a sudden it works again. I did a free mode and circle mode. It worked as it should have and no freezing of the feed. I also started a few other free modes just to see and it was fine.

What did you change.

Nothing. Some friends came over with their Sparks for my birthday get together. They wanted to see the M2P so I pulled it out and said it was having an issue with Hyperlapse. I tried to show them and them BAM, nothing happened and all was well.

Well Happy Birthday.:p

Reactions: kilomikebravo
It still works. It froze once but I stopped it and started again and it was fine. Very weird.

And back to freezing. Tried about 7 times and the screen just froze again. Every time.

Buddy I have no clue why your's is doing that it's like you have a spook in your set-up .
I'm also surprised no one else has chimed in on this with any ideas what the issue might be .

Buddy I have no clue why your's is doing that it's like you have a spook in your set-up .
I'm also surprised no one else has chimed in on this with any ideas what the issue might be .

I’m just going to go buy a new iPad. I wanted one anyway. This just gives me an excuse. Lol.

Still does it with a brand new iPad. Oh well. I’ll just have to wait until they update the app for bugs or something. I will say that flying with an iPad is amazing. It’s like having an imax screen in my face. Lol.

Still does it with a brand new iPad. Oh well. I’ll just have to wait until they update the app for bugs or something. I will say that flying with an iPad is amazing. It’s like having an imax screen in my face. Lol.
It is isn't it and I couldn't do without mine but your issue just has me stumped .

I just read the entire thread again and didn't see any mention of trying a new USB cable. Since you've been using a tablet, I will presume that you are using the bottom USB port on the RC so I would suggest trying another cable. (But, if you've done that and I missed your mention of it, my apologies.)

I just read the entire thread again and didn't see any mention of trying a new USB cable. Since you've been using a tablet, I will presume that you are using the bottom USB port on the RC so I would suggest trying another cable. (But, if you've done that and I missed your mention of it, my apologies.)

No worries. I should have mentioned it. I tried multiple cables, all brand new and I only use the bottom port.

After just reading of a different issue just for the heck of it
Try changing your sd card. That cured the issue I just read about and won’t hurt nothing if that doesn’t stop your issue.

After just reading of a different issue just for the heck of it
Try changing your sd card. That cured the issue I just read about and won’t hurt nothing if that doesn’t stop your issue.

Did that also. I have 2 Sandisk Extreme Plus 128gb cards. Same issue on both. I even tried to use the internal memory, same thing. Everything was formatted in the bird also.

Last edited:
.223/.556: :) Well darn it! I was really hoping it was the cable and very sorry that wasn't the problem. I'm outta eye deers and unless one of the experts comes up with a new one, I'd say sending it to DJI is probably the only answer.

Yeah this is strange one for sure. I really feel like we missing
something simple I just can’t figure out what it is.

Maybe asking on the DJI site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections