DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Hyperlapse incident

I have a screen record of my iPhone while it was happening. I’ll try to upload it when I get a chance in a little while. Maybe I’m leaving something out.

I have a screen record of my iPhone while it was happening. I’ll try to upload it when I get a chance in a little while. Maybe I’m leaving something out.
You figure out how to get to screen recording on the pad yet.
If not you scroll down in top right of the screen.

My iPhone isn’t that new and is different, just throwing that
out there. :)

I think I’ll call DJI tomorrow and see what they can do. I ordered the M2P on Jan. 1st and received it on the 4th. Hopefully they will warranty it out or something. I’m not holding my breath.

Good luck Thumbswayup

Well I went to double checking everything one more time after chatting back and forth with a US rep for DJI. When I turned the aircraft on it said “inconsistent firmware” so I updated it. On the bottom of the DJI GO app it said, “updating aircraft”. When it was done I took it outside and everything seemed to work fine in Hyperlapse mode.

Reactions: dirkclod
Had to be simple huh :p
Hopefully it will stay fixed .Thumbswayup

Had to be simple huh :p
Hopefully it will stay fixed .Thumbswayup
Let’s hope. I plugged the craft into my computer and checked what version it was running. Still .300. And I’m pretty sure all my batteries did an update last week. Weird. The rep said, “maybe a component was out of date.. the firmware is installed by module.”

Reactions: dirkclod
AR: Interesting comment from the rep, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true since it makes sense, but I have to say, I love it when a story on here ends well. Glad you got her back up and working properly.

AR: Interesting comment from the rep, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true since it makes sense, but I have to say, I love it when a story on here ends well. Glad you got her back up and working properly.

I spoke too soon. Just went outside to try a few more. First one started off fine, then at about 70/125 pics it started getting VERY choppy, and then around 80/125 it froze again. Did another one. Started off fine but then at about 20/125 pics it froze. Then I tried one more time and it froze right away. The video on the SD card is fine though.

DANG IT! I just don't know how you could have faulty Hyperlapse code in Go4 while everything else works normally. But the rep's comment keeps coming back to me and I'm wondering if another firmware flash might work just in case he was right about "modules" and it might have coughed on the HL module. I know, that sounds ridiculous and quite probably won't solve the problem but I'm flat out of any other ideas, sorry to say.

DANG IT! I just don't know how you could have faulty Hyperlapse code in Go4 while everything else works normally. But the rep's comment keeps coming back to me and I'm wondering if another firmware flash might work just in case he was right about "modules" and it might have coughed on the HL module. I know, that sounds ridiculous and quite probably won't solve the problem but I'm flat out of any other ideas, sorry to say.

I’m out of ideas as well. I’m gonna try my other batteries and see what happens. You think I should reflash the bird AND the RC again on assistant?

I was suggesting just the aircraft for now but if that doesn't help, I would try flashing the RC, too and, deleting and re-installing Go4.

The reflash seemed to work. For now. I may have also figured something out with the camera settings, but not sure if that was a coincidence or not. I’ll test it when I get home from work.

I copied this from the message I sent to the DJI rep. Does this make sense to you guys? And if so could you possibly try to test it yourselves?

I think I figured something out. I have a little more testing to do but I thought I'd fill you in on my findings so far. I was always trying to keep the ISO low which would decrease the shutter speed, especially in low light. I went out tonight and did a few flights, starting off in manual mode as usual. I needed a 1" shutter speed for a correct EV. I started the Hyperlapse and it froze. I did another one in auto settings. It worked fine. Long story short, Hyperlapse doesn't seem to like a shutter speed slower than 1/4. I tried one in 1/3 and it started off fine but about halfway, it got very choppy and froze, but then would go back to being choppy again. I still have a couple more things to try but this seemed to be the case across the board. In daylight it was always perfect since shutter speed was always faster than 1/4.

Even in manual mode, if I turned up the ISO so I could increase shutter speed, it worked fine. Anything slower than 1/4 gave me problems at some point, it seems.

Edit: This was all still using 2 second intervals

I’m out of ideas as well. I’m gonna try my other batteries and see what happens. You think I should reflash the bird AND the RC again on assistant?
I did my update last week to .300 and did all batteries well yesterday same incident happened with me and "inconsistent fw" i slide to update thinking that was odd. Checked on assistant with drone and all batteries everything was up to date. I put the same battery back in and says "inconsistent fw" again. I just canceled at this point...so i know its some kind of bug...reason i believe so is because when i got my phantom 4 pro v2 right when it came out it used to do the same thing. Also it would ask me to update fw when i was up to date ..so personally i just think its a bug....as far as the freezing have u tried a different sd card? Yours is a u3 correct?

I did my update last week to .300 and did all batteries well yesterday same incident happened with me and "inconsistent fw" i slide to update thinking that was odd. Checked on assistant with drone and all batteries everything was up to date. I put the same battery back in and says "inconsistent fw" again. I just canceled at this point...so i know its some kind of bug...reason i believe so is because when i got my phantom 4 pro v2 right when it came out it used to do the same thing. Also it would ask me to update fw when i was up to date ..so personally i just think its a bug....as far as the freezing have u tried a different sd card? Yours is a u3 correct?

Yes I have tried different SD cards. All U3. See my post above yours to read the latest update on the freezing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections