DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

...Well...

Xi Zhou

Reactions
I was flying earlier in Normal mode, slowly, and my Air 3 decided to keep on keepin' on right into a building, about 15' from me, 5-6' off the ground. I pulled back about 2' from the wall, and it kept right on going into it. Decent contrast, mostly shaded area.

There are 2 wifi networks but very weak here, building has decent contrast, and it was sunny.

Collision avoidance was on Bypass Mode, i was doing maybe 3-4mph. I was not recording, unfortunately. 50% on drone, 75% on controller, everything was fine.

Everything checks out fine, except the props are shot and it popped one gimbal rubber buffer off, which i hooked back on.

I have Care Refresh but just swapped out the props, did a THOROUGH checkout of everything (including obstacle avoidance), so im going to keep flying it for now.

I expected to have incidents, but not like this.

Odd behavior, seems like it just froze up going forward, i pulled back on the right stick and it just did its own thing.

20230811_171649.jpg

Odd behavior, seems like it just froze up going forward, i pulled back on the right stick and it just did its own thing.

Follow the instructions from below and post a link back here for others to look at if you wish.

They'll have more insight to what happened with the flight log available.

Good luck.

You said

I pulled back about 2' from the wall

That's like a blink of an eye and it takes time (and distance) to stop a drone once forward motion is started.

Go out into an open area (far away from buildings and trees etc) and practice trying a Full Stop and you'll see it could take several feet even at slower speeds.

You said

That's like a blink of an eye and it takes time (and distance) to stop a drone once forward motion is started.

Go out into an open area (far away from buildings and trees etc) and practice trying a Full Stop and you'll see it could take several feet even at slower speeds.
I had collision avoidance on, and was barely moving forwards, at slow walking speed.

Ill pull the logs in a few minutes and attach them.

Reactions: Torque
If you DO NOT sync your logs with DJI then you might also have the DAT log, It would be interesting to get hold of one if only to see if it is readable.

Reactions: Xi Zhou
DJI Air 3 RC2 flight log location

DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\GNSS_LOG

Please inform me if these are the incorrect logs. Logs under DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord are identical, per Phantomhelp.com flight log viewer.

Last edited:
Downloaded txt and csv come out encrypted.

Is there another free way to decrypt and share these?

@Xi Zhou you dont mention in you OP, whether or not you got any visual and sound confirmation,from the sensors on you screen device ,i find this very strange ,if the sensors were as you say on at the time
i have flown my Air 3 and tested the OA, and it always gives an audible and visual confirmation if its in bypass or stop ,when the sensors pick up an obstacle ,in bypass if it cant find a route to avoid the obstacle then it just stops ,and waits for a control input from the RC

@Xi Zhou you dont mention in you OP, whether or not you got any visual and sound confirmation,from the sensors on you screen device ,i find this very strange ,if the sensors were as you say on at the time
i have flown my Air 3 and tested the OA, and it always gives an audible and visual confirmation if its in bypass or stop ,when the sensors pick up an obstacle ,in bypass if it cant find a route to avoid the obstacle then it just stops ,and waits for a control input from the RC
Sign in was not my intention for google drive (which i despise). I attempted to attach the decrypted log file but it is not showing up properly as an attachment, nor does it appear to be decrypted.

Ill figure the log decryption/posting thing out later tonight and repost properly.

Pulled them from the controller directly to a PC, uploaded to phantomhelp.com, then downloaded. Attached, downloaded file appears to be encrypted. First time using it.

Ill copy the entire RC2 contents so i can pull any/all logs related to this later.

The sensors were beeping and indicated forwards obstacle, in red. Again, i was (stupidly) not recording at the time, neither on the drone, nor the controller, a mistake i shall not make again.

Log shows i was moving less than 2mph at time of impact. GPS cons were good.

Paper towel over map for privacy reasons.

20230811_193654.jpg

upload the txt flight log to
The google page seems to require a sign in and request, was that your intention?
It was not, i could not get the downloaded/decrypted file to attach properly, so i tried google drive (which i despise).

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
What people normally so is just post the URL of the phantom help page. Alternatively I think mavic pilots wil allow the direct upload of the txt flight log and DAT.

What people normally so is just post the URL of the phantom help page. Alternatively I think mavic pilots wil allow the direct upload of the txt flight log and DAT.
I would prefer not to share location for privacy reasons.

Log is fine, but i do not want to share my location data, ie no direct URL.

I uploaded my log file, and attempted to download it, then attach it, as it appears to lack GPS/location data.

You would need to edit the csv to remove location data, leave the actual columns in place just empty their cells, btw there may be several sets of location data so check the whole file.

You would need to edit the csv to remove location data, leave the actual columns in place just empty the cells, btw there may be several sets of location data so check the whole file.
Thank you.

Ill figure it out later, edit loc data out, and post as CSV.

Its flying fine after prop swaps and complete system testing in a nearby field, including obstacle/collision avoidance with large, dead trees and a large, flat colored hunting tree stand.

My previous drone, a Mavic Pro Platinum, was offed by a suicidal bat right outside my house, and died in a small creek, right after a splendid trip to Japan, Thailand, and Qatar with it.

Im not even a week in with the Air 3. No biggie really, but i have a trip to Greece and Italy coming up, and this shook my confidence in it.

On the other hand, ive already found a few deer with the 3x camera, so that should help me out during hunting season.

On the other hand, ive already found a few deer with the 3x camera, so that should help me out during hunting season.
I think it maybe illegal to use a drone for spotting purposes in some US states, be careful about posting the 'intention' of doing so.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Ill figure it out later, edit loc data out, and post as CSV.

Its flying fine after prop swaps and complete system testing in a nearby field, including obstacle/collision avoidance with large, dead trees and a large, flat colored hunting tree stand.

My previous drone, a Mavic Pro Platinum, was offed by a suicidal bat right outside my house, and died in a small creek, right after a splendid trip to Japan, Thailand, and Qatar with it.

Im not even a week in with the Air 3. No biggie really, but i have a trip to Greece and Italy coming up, and this shook my confidence in it.

Combined with the 3x digital zoom on the 3x camera, you have up to 9x hybrid zoom available. Excellent for surveillance and hunting.

I think it maybe illegal to use a drone for spotting purposes in some US states, be careful about positing the 'intention' of doing so.
It's definitely illegal in many US states. Some of the laws regarding drones and hunting were put into place out of fear of anti-hunting people scaring game and disrupting hunts with drones. I don't know of any actual cases that prompted that.

I think someone was prosecuted in perhaps Alaska for spotting for a bear or moose hunt but its a very vague memory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13