DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Western PA here

mp43sniper

Reactions
Hi,

First post here. The family got a P3P last year which had nothing but problems. It flew great for 19 whole minutes with DJI Pilot, but then when we tried (against my better judgement) to switch to DJI Go and update the firmware, we never got it to work again. Sent back to DJI and approx $250 later, they sent us a new controller and new aircraft. A week before we got confirmation that they would fix it, we discovered the Mavic on Youtube and bought one at Best Buy that weekend. We'd been flying it for about 2 weeks before the P3P came back and I honestly think the Mavic is better!

I recently discovered Litchi and am having fun with waypoint missions. If you're on the fence about Litchi, I can tell you it's great for that but I still fly with DJI Go 4 when not doing waypoints. The video caching and ability to record with the controller buttons (for some reason I can't get Litchi to work with my controller that way) is nice and DJI Go 4 seems a little better when just flying around. I was terrified that Litchi was not going to work but it's great and the footage waypoints and orbit will give you is nothing short of fantastic. If you've ever wondered how you can get super smooth videos like you see on YouTube, you want to have Litchi.

It's amazing how fast you get addicted to this hobby. One thing I look forward to is the next generation from DJI - I'm hoping they improve the Spark with a better gimbal and camera, as well as folding arms.

Craig

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,

First post here. The family got a P3P last year which had nothing but problems. It flew great for 19 whole minutes with DJI Pilot, but then when we tried (against my better judgement) to switch to DJI Go and update the firmware, we never got it to work again. Sent back to DJI and approx $250 later, they sent us a new controller and new aircraft. A week before we got confirmation that they would fix it, we discovered the Mavic on Youtube and bought one at Best Buy that weekend. We'd been flying it for about 2 weeks before the P3P came back and I honestly think the Mavic is better!

I recently discovered Litchi and am having fun with waypoint missions. If you're on the fence about Litchi, I can tell you it's great for that but I still fly with DJI Go 4 when not doing waypoints. The video caching and ability to record with the controller buttons (for some reason I can't get Litchi to work with my controller that way) is nice and DJI Go 4 seems a little better when just flying around. I was terrified that Litchi was not going to work but it's great and the footage waypoints and orbit will give you is nothing short of fantastic. If you've ever wondered how you can get super smooth videos like you see on YouTube, you want to have Litchi.

It's amazing how fast you get addicted to this hobby. One thing I look forward to is the next generation from DJI - I'm hoping they improve the Spark with a better gimbal and camera, as well as folding arms.

Craig
Howdy from Wyoming mp43sniper, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the group from your neighboring state of Ohio. I too use Litchi about 70% of the time, I do a lot of Panoramas :D

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31