DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wet in snow

Controller wet in snow. iphone wet. controller no power now.

Get it in front a a gentle heat source with fan for hours and PRAY.

I fell into a creek with my camera a few years back. Water poured out of the battery compartment and sd-card slot. The lens and view finder we fogged. We had to drive to our destination for two or so hours. I hung the camera in front of the air conditioner vents and kept rotating it. Then placed it in the hot sun for another four or five hours. It worked fine later that night and for a few more years. Good luck.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
This may be a long shot for you but I'll throw it out there FYI.....There is a Utah Company called Harvest Right that makes a home version freeze dryer. Basically it's a machine about the size of a large microwave that removes ALL of the moisture out of food and liquid (think powdered milk) for the purpose of preserving the food for long term storage or light and easy meals to reconstitute (think backpacking and MRE's). Anyway, thousands of folks across the US have bought these machines. In fact we have had one for years to eat healthier and preserve summer veggies and fruits. Anyhow, turns out that a number of people have had success drying out cell phones to the point that they work perfectly again! No electricity is present in the drying chamber so the process is safe for electronics. There are stories of people drying out their phones after the phone was completely submerged for hours! I don't know where you live, but you might try a Craigslist ad looking for someone who has a freeze dryer. You never know? I bet it would not only make your phone work like new again, but also your controller!

Reactions: Point Zero
This may be a long shot for you but I'll throw it out there FYI.....There is a Utah Company called Harvest Right that makes a home version freeze dryer. Basically it's a machine about the size of a large microwave that removes ALL of the moisture out of food and liquid (think powdered milk) for the purpose of preserving the food for long term storage or light and easy meals to reconstitute (think backpacking and MRE's). Anyway, thousands of folks across the US have bought these machines. In fact we have had one for years to eat healthier and preserve summer veggies and fruits. Anyhow, turns out that a number of people have had success drying out cell phones to the point that they work perfectly again! No electricity is present in the drying chamber so the process is safe for electronics. There are stories of people drying out their phones after the phone was completely submerged for hours! I don't know where you live, but you might try a Craigslist ad looking for someone who has a freeze dryer. You never know? I bet it would not only make your phone work like new again, but also your controller!
Great suggestion!

A guess the problem with the controller is you can't disconnect the battery. So when it gets wet, there's a good chance its gonna short something.

Best advice has been said already, Pray!

But yeah, get that thing 100% dry before even thinking of turning it on...

Oh, come on, our hobby is worth another $2,000-$3,000! Yes, I, too, noticed the price. But I think the suggestion was to see if someone might loan a few hours or maybe a used one.

Hahahaha....some folks forget to read the whole post! As you correctly pointed out, I was suggesting that DroneT try and locate someone with the Dryer. In fact, I would be happy to use mine if he was close to me. They are indeed very pricey machines. However, if you are someone like me who ranches and farms in the Northwest, the ability to preserve foods that you can only harvest or grow during the summer, for consumption year around, makes the machine well worth it. Not only that, we eat a much healthier fare than the processed garbage in supermarkets and we have at least a year's supply of food in case the zombies attack!..hahaha!...seriously though...when the supermarket shelves get cleaned out in a day somewhere in America because of a wildfire or a hurricane or a tornado, or a blizzard, or a crash of the electrical grid (everyone has seen the new footage) I just shake my head, and smile at my full shelves! Everything and everyone works on our ranch...from the critters to the equipment. And while my Mav air is a kick to fly....it's also my air recon for the ranch. And as soon as they make armament for it, it will become my "air cover!"..;)

Hahahaha....some folks forget to read the whole post! As you correctly pointed out, I was suggesting that DroneT try and locate someone with the Dryer. In fact, I would be happy to use mine if he was close to me. They are indeed very pricey machines. However, if you are someone like me who ranches and farms in the Northwest, the ability to preserve foods that you can only harvest or grow during the summer, for consumption year around, makes the machine well worth it. Not only that, we eat a much healthier fare than the processed garbage in supermarkets and we have at least a year's supply of food in case the zombies attack!..hahaha!...seriously though...when the supermarket shelves get cleaned out in a day somewhere in America because of a wildfire or a hurricane or a tornado, or a blizzard, or a crash of the electrical grid (everyone has seen the new footage) I just shake my head, and smile at my full shelves! Everything and everyone works on our ranch...from the critters to the equipment. And while my Mav air is a kick to fly....it's also my air recon for the ranch. And as soon as they make armament for it, it will become my "air cover!"..;)

Good to know you are a somewhat neighbor in case I get my drone cold and wet! But I won't approach once I know that they've made armament for your drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13