DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wet Suits, are they safe for your drone?

These parts will keep the battery and the gimbal protected , giving you some much needed protection where it is needed most the battery and the gimbal.
Given that the M4P doesn't have any fans, and that is (entirely or partly) the reason for the vented front bit behind the gimbal, is it a good idea to be covering that with anything ? We know how hot that little thing gets on the ground AND in flight in higher ambient temperatures. I would hesitate to reduce the internal airflow by any amount.

Given that the M4P doesn't have any fans, and that is (entirely or partly) the reason for the vented front bit behind the gimbal, is it a good idea to be covering that with anything ? We know how hot that little thing gets on the ground AND in flight in higher ambient temperatures. I would hesitate to reduce the internal airflow by any amount.
Its much more important to have the Vents in the Back open for hot air release than it is sealing the front gimbal vents.
The Wet Suits give you control over the Air Flow on both the Mini 3 and Mini 4 to keep the air flow balanced.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Its much more important to have the Vents in the Back open for hot air release than it is sealing the front gimbal vents.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree there. Where is the cold air coming from to pass over the board(s) and out the back vents if that front one is blocked ? There are no other holes in the case, right (back vents excepted obviously) ? Would DJI not have blocked it themselves if they felt they could, given it being such an obvious moisture access point ? I suspect that front vent is integral to air flow through the craft.

I'm gonna respectfully disagree there. Where is the cold air coming from to pass over the board(s) and out the back vents if that front one is blocked ? There are no other holes in the case, right (back vents excepted obviously) ? Would DJI not have blocked it themselves if they felt they could ? I think that front vent is integral to air flow through the craft.
Sorry but the research we have done and other clients as well show that the back vents are more integral to hot air release. Hot air release is the main theme on all the drones and not air flow. .

A great example of this is the Mavic 3 Scoop on the front of the drone as many thought was for air flow but in fact it was a cosmetic effect that was sealed and therefore no Air Intake .

Thus we have had no issues with the front of the Mini 3 and Mini 4 working with the Wet Suit as it only redirects the rain to not go directly into the vents and still allows for hot air release.

The Wet Suits work with Tabs, use them when needed to fly in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Revz