DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s your max distance legal VLOS flight?

Is it me or are there idiots that just always want to go against the rules. It seems that there is some on this site that is always trying to buck the system. If you can’t follow simple rule, laws. DONT FLY!!

I’m really contemplating the use of this site. You don’tget Idiots like this on DroneU. They won’t tolerate it. #droneu
Geez, you follow the speed limit 100% of the time and so on ? I'd say go back to droneU

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I'm 18 and can fairly reliably see my mavic up to 1,000', but one look down and its gone. I live on a 5,000+ acre ranch so flying over people with my drone isn't really a problem. ;)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
My limit of being able to see my MPP is around 500-600m unaided, however that's only against an even sky and it's such a tiny speck at that distance that if I loook away for more than a couple of seconds I have no chance of locating it again. Against the landscape or trees you can bring that down to 1/3 or 1/4 of that distance. A dayglo skin might help matters closer in.

Get some Firehouse ARC XLs... certified to 3500 feet. That’s how I see my M2P best. Plus if it should crash, etc, they have a 98dB alarm to help you find it... here’s front and rear views:

Reactions: dronerdave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest