DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What am I doing wrong (with mavic video settings)?

badgenes

Reactions
This was a quick test using ND16 filter ISO 100, Shutter @ 50. I see banding and other artifacts that I don't see in other users videos. Rapid panning and what not notwithstanding lol. I have a P4 and don't recall seeing this type of artifactting but I do plan to put it up in similar conditions today to see.

This was a quick test using ND16 filter ISO 100, Shutter @ 50. I see banding and other artifacts that I don't see in other users videos.

Frankly, I don't see any issues. Other than the occasional glare from the sun due to the angle you're shooting at, the video looks perfectly normal to me. Do you have the camera dome off when flying? Is your camera lens clean?

Thanks. No dome, ND16 on the camera (i'll clean it just in case). I suppose perhaps I am expecting more than I should? I realize it isn't going to be quite as nice as the P4 (original not the Adv or Pro) but I keep thinking (perhaps too much, I do tend to overthink everything) that the quality isn't as good as some of the videos I see posted. Of course the rapid pans and poor piloting don't help. Perhaps a better example would be somewhere other than home where I am just screwing around under trees with low hanging branches. That and trying not to draw the ire of the paranoid folks in the area who post any drone sightings on NextDoor lol. I'll get some smoother footage elsewhere and post back. I am also not accustomed to the Mavic's flight characteristics, it is much more nimble and significantly quieter than my P4. And far more portable.

Everything looks great to me, also. I think it’s just a matter of slowing down your yaw rate and getting used to the expo in all your controls. The sun glare you’re going to get anytime the sun is low and you’re facing into it.

Reactions: badgenes
shutter at 50 is pretty low, maybe take nd off and get shutter up to 250 or faster,

i guess it is, because the aperture is not adjutable on the mav, in the photo world u need 3 things for an exposure, shutter, iso and aperture, since we cant adjust the aperture if u fix the iso to a set number the shutter is the only thhing that can change regardless of what u may want, i guess if u want a faster shutter u either dont use filters or sacrifice iso. in the case above though there was a filter used so that could be removed to achieve a faster shutter and keep iso low

Ok but I use ND filters...
nd filters are primarily used to slow down the shutter so if u dont want it slow then simply take them off, dpends on what u are shootng i suppose, if the subject is moving i would want a very fast shutter to freeze that motion like cars or a train, if motion blur is what u are after then add your fliters to slow the shutter down to a level that will blur the moving parts but keep the still parts sharp,for moving subjects in the photo world i like around 800 to 1250 shutter speed, i think 50 is to low on the mav unless your in tripod mode, if the mav is moving 50/sec isnt very fast and could easily cause unwanted blur

Looking towards the sun, you're getting lens flare, the shots in the shade and looking away from the sun look fine. Moving under the trees the sun, yet again, pushes through and catches the lens, hense more lens flare. Whether increasing the shutter speed changes everything I'm not too sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661