DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are you using your BT-300s for Besides Flying?

EpsonMoverio

Reactions
Streaming Multimedia like Netflix, Hulu, SlingTV?
AR applications?
Gaming?
Work?

Get yourself a Solitaire Ace 2.0 enclosure from Rochester and enjoy a totally new experience from Netflix, Amazon Video, etc!

Reactions: ksmusa
Still looking for killer VR apps to drive this out the top for entertainment! Any suggestions?

1) Download the Amazon Apps Market. There's a ton of content on there that works great on Moverio. I'd recommend Netflix & the Amazon Video App

2) Ripping & installing apps from Google Play. If you have another android device you can install an app called "APK Extractor." This will save the "app" to a folder on your device. Simply upload those files to dropbox or email them to a web accessible email address. Access those files via a web browser and follow prompts to install them on your device

3) Experimentation - there's an app called "BVR - Background Video Recorder" - it's definitely on Google Play and likely on the Amazon Apps Market. It allows you to record in the background. I haven't done much testing with it; but it might be something the community will want to test. Specifically check to see if it adds latency to the DJI apps that are running in the foreground.

4) Using Moverio as a set of "FPV Glasses" via a phone optimized version of DJI GO is the first and most simple usage scenario. Their mid/long term vision is to create experiences that are glasses optimized, utilizing the transparency of the platform and using headtracking to create a 360 degree digital environment. Here's a super rough (doesn't connect to drone and is not 3D) concept application of how that might work: seantron.com/dronear.apk (in the main camera view, look down to activate different views, the "flight path visualization" is also an interesting concept). The developer wrote this a few months ago, so it is very "conceptual" in nature.

5) Gain access to your internal memory and SDcard from your Windows Pc by going into settings. Then check Developer's Mode, then scroll down to USB debugging. Your Moverio's will now show up as MTP device while powered on.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Easy to set up. Run's perfect. See Ksmusa's post and previous threads for examples.

Porsche!

Augmented Reality Headed to Porsche Dealers in 2018

Tried Netflix, Hulu, and Plex. Only Netflix will actually play video -- the others let me see content, but fail during playback. Apparenly, Netflix will also not allow for downloads on the android version ?? as I could not find the option to download a few movies for offline viewing...

There are other apps that you can use to download videos to your device. Terrarium and Kodi 2 Android apps which I have been able to successfully install and use on my device.

Reactions: bonzo
Thanks, but I was looking to take advantage of the many online streaming services I already have. For instance, Plex interfaces with my Google drive and allows me to stream anything I have on the cloud. Looks like the iPad mini is destined to stay in my travel bag.

I've gotten live TV to work in Plex with my HDHomerun. The native HDHomerun app also works good for live TV. Locally stored movies play OK. Streaming is hit or miss depending on quality and your wireless connection. Amazon Prime video seems to work very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972