DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What case do you guys have for the iPad Mini 4?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I'm looking for a slim case even like a magic cover for the iPad. Preferably something that than can easily be removed so I can mount it easily on my mavic controller. Anyone have any suggestions? I may even just add a skin and the magic cover and be done with it but wanted to see what else everyone uses.

Last edited:
I use a MavMount for my iPad mini. More ergonomic than the "wings" of the controller and easier to see. The MavMount can handle pretty much any case there is. But the wings can't deal with anything but the slimmest of cases. I bought a cheap MOKO silicon case for $8 or so. But, lately, I've taken to using my iPad mini naked except for tempered glass screen protector.

I just use a standard plastic cover with a three-fold front flap. It sits nicely in the front pocket of the DJI Fly More bag. I just pop it out of the cover and slide it in the wings of the controller and the cover goes back in the bag.
All very simple.

Funny you should mention it. I only recently purchased a iPad Mini 4 just for my Mavic. I have been using a soft foam tablet sleeve that comes with a velcro patch as a lock for the opening, I bought this from a local supermarket for about $8.00 AU as a temporary cover until my new shockproof sleeve with 3 fold front flap comes from eBay today. I guess when I have it in the shockproof sleeve it will have to be removed to fit into the MVP Controller arms. Also bought a HT Glass screen protector for it today as well to keep the screen scratch free.
Must say the mini 4 is an excellent tablet for the Mavic.

I use a Mavmount and I don't want to remove the case. So I found a case that has a removeable magnetic cover. When I need to mount it. The cover slides off. If not used with the mavic then cover goes back on and can be used as a stand as well.

I use the thin sleeve for general use of Mini 4, but take it off when I fly so the Mini 4 will easily fit into the RC jaws. Also I got an antiglare film for the screen so it is easier to see in bright sun light. I decided on this setup because I did not like the iPad covering up the RC screen. I also have a hood which attaches to the antennas, but rarely use it, if I can I will stand in the shade of a building or tree.
Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52