DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What changes would you like to see on the Mavic

Big Fil

Reactions
Let's hear what changes you would like to see to the Mavic that could be fixed or changed with a firmware/software update. I'll begin with three things that i'd personally like to see.

First i'd like to see a user switchable ATTI mode. I understand that DJI needs to protect a lot of novice flyers from themselves but this is the "pro" designated version so give those who are comfortable with that mode the option to turn it on. This could easily be an "off" by default option, but with the option to enable it like they currently do with sports mode.

Second, reverse-able wheel directions for the gimbal wheel. To me the way they have it is unnatural for the way my brain interperets movement.

Third, I would like to see options to turn off/on individual OSD items. Alot of the flight info is redundant to have displayed on both the controller and on the screen with the Mavic, so give us the ability to just choose the ones I want displayed. There is so much displayed now that it's pretty cluttered, especially on a phone display. While you can just have a clean display which is nice, sometimes i'd like just minimal displays onscreen.

ATTI mode for sure- when GPS starts to degrade, I want to turn it off entirely so I don't have erratic in/out of GPS quality.

Silence RTH beep- YES! It is silly to continue beeping the entire time.

A means to lock in shutter speed and vary exposure via ISO with the right wheel.

Use one of the 5-way joystick positions to enable/disable local cache recording. I hate that local cache is either on or off... would like it selectable. Especially important if flying with a crowded Android phone where I don't have much local cache to begin with.

Offer the ability to record to SD Card on phone. I HATE that I am forced to use precious phone storage for this.

Reactions: timesnaps
I'd like an HDMI output on the remote controller for use with FPV goggles/glasses.

Agreed would like to see a less annoying first stage low battery beep.

Would also like the ability to use the right shutter button for record stop/start in video. Never had a video/photo camera in my life where I needed to use me left hand for stop/start.

Let's hear what changes you would like to see to the Mavic that could be fixed or changed with a firmware/software update. I'll begin with three things that i'd personally like to see.

First i'd like to see a user switchable ATTI mode. I understand that DJI needs to protect a lot of novice flyers from themselves but this is the "pro" designated version so give those who are comfortable with that mode the option to turn it on. This could easily be an "off" by default option, but with the option to enable it like they currently do with sports mode.

Second, reverse-able wheel directions for the gimbal wheel. To me the way they have it is unnatural for the way my brain interperets movement.

Third, I would like to see options to turn off/on individual OSD items. Alot of the flight info is redundant to have displayed on both the controller and on the screen with the Mavic, so give us the ability to just choose the ones I want displayed. There is so much displayed now that it's pretty cluttered, especially on a phone display. While you can just have a clean display which is nice, sometimes i'd like just minimal displays onscreen.

I'd like to see user profiles (for settings) especially after an update you could just load your profile back into the craft or share profile settings.

Alan

Reactions: roflyer
What I would like to see is multiple customizable setting. E.g. setting one I have for long distance waypoint missions so I have return to home in battery shut off, all sensors off, lost signal setting to hover. For normal flying, OA on, return to home on, lost signal at rth. Flying above water downward sensors off...... you get the idea.

It would be alot easy to have a one touch button for custom setting instead of having to change everything individually every time I want to change my flying style.

I hope that made sense lol

That would be awesome if a firmware update could add hardware to the controller :confused:
Yes, it would be pure bliss. I'm not a hardware guy, so I don't know what's possible. USB to HDMI adapters do exist though.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Please fix the wind sensors!!! warning box every 5 seconds comes back!! if I close it lets say 3 times, do not show me again!! there is no wind at all and warning going off every 5 seconds is very annoying and makes you loose focus on task on hand. I understand the fact they do not want to be liable for a fly away or crash but give us the option to cancel the warning after couple warnings.

As far as hardware is concerned: I'd like to see hdmi out on the remote, a beefier gimbal and a bigger, more robust sensor in the camera.

It would be perfect if it has a 360 degree camera. I still have to use my Typhoon H for most professional filming.

Ability to set Failsafe RTH to hover for a pre-determined period of time before proceeding to fly home (or to RTH height) to give pilot an opportunity to regain control of the craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne