DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What color/pattern works best to discourage bird attacks?

I have a falcon nesting across the street and it attacks my MP2P every time it goes up. I'm going to try some of that reflective tape and maybe some googly eyes...

Do a before and after test to try and confirm what helps.

Safe flights :)
Allen

I've had good success with Giant Googly eyes (on my DJI FPV Drone), reflective holographic tape, or strobe lights.
Except for Hummingbirds. Nothing scares them. They are actually quite vicious and one of the few birds that will actually chase and almost keep up with my drone.

Its the eagles, ospreys, and hawks that always seem to show an interest with me here in Savannah on the coastline. Other indigenous birds dont seem to care at all in any way.

Its these larger birds that seem to know who to pick a fight with. My M3 is quite large but NO match for a Bald Eagle which there are several in my neighborhood. One is so common the neighbors have named him Frank. lol

I'm always at Defcon 3 when I lift off around here. I've never actually been attacked but on numerous occasions the huge winged monster appears and seems to really be taking calculations about its next move... I get really sketched out..

I 100% of the time haul *** away or even have instantly landed infront of me. It usually happens during my takeoff and not during my flights which are normally across waterways...it's when I'm leaving and arriving at my homepoint. I must really be in a HOT ZONE around here..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d