DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you use C1 and C2 for?

C1 for front LEDs on/off, and C2 for switching between map view and camera view.

You were not supposed to release the information that your drone is capable of carrying arms and bombs. This will be reported to the NSA, CIA, FBI, NASA and Starbucks. ;)

Excuse me while I take some coffee and Krispy Cremes to the guys, wearing dark glasses, in the black sedan parked across the street all morning.

And how reliable is the voltage when the pack is loaded in flight? You need resting voltages provide for any sort of reliable indication. If you understood how the impedance track and fuel gauging algorithms are implemented you would be less suspicious about the % reading. How can the remaining time to empty be accurate and the % unreliable? I flew by voltages for years and was suss about the battery % initially. Fact is it does a better job than we might ever hope to.

Monitoring cell imbalance is another issue.

Now I never said anything about % being inaccurate. Its just a preference of mine to follow V.

Obviously most folks use the %, because its relatable and simple. My only issue with it is % is not absolute, where V is. If batt % didnt shift ( V to % alignment) from flight to flight, then id be fine with it. and for the most part, I like % being there, but as I said earlier, Id have battery info as C1, as other do, if the avg cell V was not displayable on home screen.

Btw, Id say that V, under load, is far more accurate than V at rest, when load is within a constant known range. At least for gauging remaining capacity (ie: flight time... the only value I care about while airborne).

To each there own, eh, my fellow mavic flyer.

Now I never said anything about % being inaccurate. Its just a preference of mine to follow V.

Obviously most folks use the %, because its relatable and simple. My only issue with it is % is not absolute, where V is. If batt % didnt shift ( V to % alignment) from flight to flight, then id be fine with it. and for the most part, I like % being there, but as I said earlier, Id have battery info as C1, as other do, if the avg cell V was not displayable on home screen.

Btw, Id say that V, under load, is far more accurate than V at rest, when load is within a constant known range. At least for gauging remaining capacity (ie: flight time... the only value I care about while airborne).

To each there own, eh, my fellow mavic flyer.
To each their own? We aren't restricted to opinion here- the performance characteristics of LiION chemistry are well known. Cell voltages can be used to provide an indication of usable capacity. To be reliable we need to factor in temperature, internal resistance and expected load conditions. Voltage loaded in the absence of allowing for other factors is a poor indication.

What you seem not be fully across is that the algorithms employed to determine remaining capacity factor in a lot more conditions than simple coulomb counting- voltage, instantaneous and average current, temperature, internal resistance and cumulative cell health are all incorporated.

I stand by my comment- there is no way, absent any absolute voltage imbalance between cells of significance, that our casual observations of voltages in flight might prove more accurate than the smart electronics at estimating remaining usable capacity.

Works well for me. Thats all I'm really interested in!
If your not a DJI engineer, then ALL this is just opinion.
I'm gonna bow out on this one.
Good flying!

In extreme flying we us the C1 key for fast movement of the Gimbal up and down to center to remove rain drops, debris and snow flakes.

C2 key for the landing lights can help spot a drone very handy in night time flights.
We our not a fan of the bright lights on the drone but use a Lume Cube for planes flying above.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.

Howdy Folks,
I’m just wondering what everyone finds most useful to have their C1 and C2 buttons set to do....
Thanks for your time,
As Always, You Folks are AWESOME!!!
Old Man Grizz
Here are mine, for what it's worth! Love those 2 buttons!

Howdy Folks,
I’m just wondering what everyone finds most useful to have their C1 and C2 buttons set to do....
Thanks for your time,
As Always, You Folks are AWESOME!!!
Old Man Grizz
On my m2p i use c1 for -90 gimbal and c2 for front nav lights, to switch an accessory (release hook/servo) or for under light if poor visual when approaching.

On M2P with SC

C2 - landing lights
C1 - arming and bomb release

:)
Same config, bait release for C1, although I am experiencing inconsistent functioning of the bait release (not the mechanism,, but the activation of the front LED). I have the latest firmware installed on the A/C and I have checked the status of firmware through DJI GO 4 (with each battery installed, in case this was something to do with any stored functionality in the smart battery).

I have powered up in different sequences (A/C, Controller, iPad/Go 4) and still cannot get consistent results. There was a suggestion from DJI Helpdesk to do a firmware upgrade using DJI Assistant (I have an iMac and had to borrow a W10 laptop - issues with the iMac and DJI said to use a W10 laptop) - the issue prevails!!.

The latest suggestion is to do a factory reset, which is possibly the next step. Very keen to establish if others have experienced this problem.

Cheers, R

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom