DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you want for Christmas as far as Drones.

@SmilingOgre ,hope you dont mind Coal ,but i would like to answer the question in post #20 above
having a strong stable connection between the RC and drone ,is not just about being able to fly it BVLOS, for most of us that connection is vital ,to allow continuous control of the drone at all times, irrespective of its distance from us the PIC
and as @Phantomrain.org ,flies a lot in very wet conditions more often than not from his car
then that signal stability really comes into its own
i can remember when i first had my MPP ,my first drone with Occusync transmission ,and i was blown away how stable the connection between the RC and drone was compared to my earlier PH3 having the boosted signal from the added antennas is what Coal cares about the most

if i have got it wrong ,then accept my apologies in advance

@SmilingOgre ,hope you dont mind Coal ,but i would like to answer the question in post #20 above
having a strong stable connection between the RC and drone ,is not just about being able to fly it BVLOS, for most of us that connection is vital ,to allow continuous control of the drone at all times, irrespective of its distance from us the PIC
and as @Phantomrain.org ,flies a lot in very wet conditions more often than not from his car
then that signal stability really comes into its own
i can remember when i first had my MPP ,my first drone with Occusync transmission ,and i was blown away how stable the connection between the RC and drone was compared to my earlier PH3 having the boosted signal from the added antennas is what Coal cares about the most

if i have got it wrong ,then accept my apologies in advance
I was not infering that there was any intent of flying BVLOS. I get that a stronger signal is a better signal. I am wondering what flying conditions are presenting Coal? with less than acceptable signal. This type of situational information may be important in considering the addition of an external antenna.

@SmilingOgre ,i never said you were infering that Coal wanted to fly BVLOS you mentioned VLOS in your post, as though that would not need a better signal
i was trying to explain why Coal might want the better signal penetration, that having a boosted transmission signal would give him ,as i said he flies his drones from his car in the pouring rain, so for him, the boosted signal would be an advantage over the standard antennas

Flying from the car is #1
I also want to increase how fast the drones gather sats, as the mavic 3 is slow to come around .

For me this is a hyperboost for all the drones for the RC pro and SC all of which can take advantage ,

I also like to fly low and drop in under trees and that stronger signal pays off nicely when flying rescue an search missions ,

It's a peace of mind that I am doing everything I can to maintain control over my drone ,. No matter it's the best Xmas present I can think of 😂

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the ☔

Well I agree but I want a M3P classic . Then I think for me a,t this point in time I think I will change my hobby. About time for me to
go back and restoring old sports cars. 😀
hope santa gets me a m3c lol

"What do you want for Christmas as far as Drones."

A full-featured, unbridled, non-hobbled, hackable Mavic 3 Pro FMC, with Pro Controller, which uses the Go4 app, for less than $2,000.

What......... too much to ask? LOL

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser