DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What equipment are you using for editing?

DSGDSG

Reactions
I'd like to start seriously editing my movies and my current laptop just won't handle the 4K. I'm curious to hear recommendations for laptops that will be able to handle movie editing without bogging down.

Adobe Premiere Pro has what is known as video proxies to allow one with an under powered system to still edit videos smoothly

Adobe Premiere Pro has what is known as video proxies to allow one with an under powered system to still edit videos smoothly

Proxy based editing is a great way to avoid the costs of a new computer if your okay with a little bit of time to convert to the proxy format for editing.

Considering using this approach before spending any money on hardware.

Reactions: BD0G
I'll take a look into the proxy based editing. I'd never heard of it before. However my laptop will only play a couple frames of 4k videos as it is.

I'll take a look into the proxy based editing. I'd never heard of it before. However my laptop will only play a couple frames of 4k videos as it is.

You can edit in 1080p or lower. Export to 4K and upload the 4K to YouTube if that’s what you want. You don’t need to play back the 4K video at anytime and the proxy you are working with will be exactly the same

Hope that helps you Understand a bit better. But you will still be waiting a a fair bit to export to 4K. This is a work around while editing. But doesn’t fix export time or ability to play back in 4K on that machine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky