DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if I don't upload Mini 3 logs

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Just wondering , what happens if I don't connect my mini 3 pro to my mobile or internet and the flight log buffer stays full . Im happy enough to be flying without DJI tracking my every move , or is there something I haven't thought of. Will it eventually stop me taking off. Yes I know eventually I have to update the drone but other than that ?

You don't need to either upload logs or do updates. The logs that are uploaded when syncing aren't even the ones from the drone, they're the ones stored by the mobile device.

You don't ever have to upload your flight logs.

Not even for this.
So -Hypothetical question and asking for a friend etc , If said friend were to have performed , or wanted to perform a just out of visual range flight ,which i don't condone , how would an relevant government official prove that flight was bvlos ? if you dont have to upload your flight logs , you could delete logs or overwrite them if someone took exception ? Assuming that footage doesn't show the entire flight and thus the full distance travelled who is to say where the drone actually originated from . They cant request the flight log from DJI if they dont have them , and I presume the logs stored in the smart controller will overwrite the oldest files , so enough flights will eventually overwrite any flight log you want to get rid of , assuming you cant delete it. In that case its your word against theirs ? Assume also that drone doesn't crash and returns to home point without incident.

if you dont have to upload your flight logs , you could delete logs or overwrite them if someone took exception ?
You could delete them from the remote controller, but not likely from the drone. Government officials don't have access to DJI servers, so they likely wouldn't be able to get access to the flight logs even if you synced them to the DJI Cloud from DJI Fly.

Assuming that footage doesn't show the entire flight and thus the full distance travelled who is to say where the drone actually originated from
I guess this is where things like RID will come into play too. At some point, most (all?) drones will emit a signal that allows anyone with a nearby receiver to track them.

I presume the logs stored in the smart controller will overwrite the oldest files
True. But, you'd probably need to fly for many months (years?) in a row before they start overwriting.

In that case its your word against theirs ?
Or maybe suggest to your friend to fly legally. There's nothing to worry about at that point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife