DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if someone calls?!

Jonno13

Reactions
If you are flying and someone tried calling you, does the call go straight to answerphone, or will the DJI GO 4 app get overridden, meaning a temporary loss of control??

If you are flying and someone tried calling you, does the call go straight to answerphone, or will the DJI GO 4 app get overridden, meaning a temporary loss of control??
Howdy from Wyoming @Jonno13 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I always put my phone in airplane mode to avoid that issue.

Like any other call, but that doesn't mean a "loss of control" since the app is completely optional.

Reactions: ff22
meaning a temporary loss of control??
There will be no loss of control since the drone is controlled by the remote controller (not your phone).

Reactions: Rich55
But you will lose the screen of showing DJIgo4, at least this is what happens on a iPhone. You get the answer screen, and then depending on what you do, you may get DJIGo4 back. Early on, before I remembered to go to Airplane mode, I had some calls. Both times the DJIGO4 froze, had to reboot the phone to get it back. No loss of drone as controller was still connected fine. But it's disconcerting at best. This is with iPhone x, iOS 11 and DJIGo4.x

Paul C

Reactions: Rich55
I answer the phone all the time while flying just put it on speaker and go back to your dji app and continue no big deal no loss of control or anything like that..... I do inform the person on the phone I need to get off because I'd rather not push the capabilities of my phone and have the app crash. So far no issues flow. With a P4 standard also Mavic 2 pro

I answer the phone all the time while flying just put it on speaker and go back to your dji app and continue no big deal no loss of control or anything like that..... I do inform the person on the phone I need to get off because I'd rather not push the capabilities of my phone and have the app crash. So far no issues flow. With a P4 standard also Mavic 2 pro
Just a suggestion- switch to aeroplane mode before launching (as has been suggested above). If you have no intent of taking to anyone whike flying why have the inconvenience of bending to answer to tell them that?

I put mine into DND mode so I can still answer the call with a Bluetooth headset if I want. You can switch out and back into the app as needed

Reactions: Point Zero
It is not legal to drive a car or fly a drone while on the phone, hang up and fly:p
mikemoose55
Hands free with Bluetooth! But, I agree, that even in that manner for many, it is extremely dangerous. I recommend just forwarding to your kid’s phone.

Reactions: Point Zero
Howdy from Wyoming @Jonno13 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I always put my phone in airplane mode to avoid that issue.
I just had it happen a couple of days ago. flying my A2. I was about 30M up when my phone wrung. I dismissed the phone call and all function was restored to the phone (drone control) after the disconnect. It did make it a challenge to fly and deal with that call though. and I'd like to take steps for it to not happen again during a flight. Pre-check material now.

The phone should of already been in airplane mode,another trick is just don't answer the phone, it Will go to voice mail. Deal with it when the quad is back safety on the ground.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Here's an interesting experiment ... In GO4, go to the HD tab in the main menu and tap on the IMAGE TRANSMISSION STATE hotspot. Put a mobile next to the controller and call it. What does the live graph do?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98