DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What have you ordered for your M2P so far?

No, you ordered everything lol. I'm laughing because I do the same thing. This time I managed to stop at M2P, fly more kit, goggles RE and dji care refresh. I do want to get brighter skins, maybe strobes, and am debating a tablet. The tablet is what I'm afraid of as it pertains to my credit card, or what's left of it.
Update: I'm still at it and just ordered Lume Cubes... (My wife and I still talk about your reply, so she make me find it and reply to it again. LOL)

Reactions: GringoLoco
Update: I'm still at it and just ordered Lume Cubes... (My wife and I still talk about your reply, so she make me find it and reply to it again. LOL)

God, you do not spare any cost on that drone. It sure looks great and unique. If or whenn you come to upgrade, can you easily take those things off and sell your drone? How much is your drone valued at now? I will say $2,500 and up.

I know that I will like to keep this drone a year or two tops (if I have not crashed an totaled it by then) or whenever I see or hear DJI is coming out with a new one, it should be time to "trade in" (which will mean for me to sell it to have money to put towards the new one) for a new one.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I've tried with a couple past post to get people to help others form a list of accessories that would be helpful.

Here's what I've ordered so far... (I'll be posting more as I order them)

. DJI RE goggles (received)
. Strobon strobes (waiting-shipped)
. Strobe mounts from Aerial-Pixel (waiting-shipped)
. 500,000 USB power bank (waiting-shipped)
. Supcase for Nexus 9 (received)
. Floating skids from iRepairMD (waiting-shipped)
. PolarPro 6pk cinema series (waiting- not shipped)
. Fly more kit (received)
. One more extra battery (waiting-shipped)
. PGYTECH prop holders (waiting-shipped)
. PGYTECH top camera mount (waiting-shipped)
. Anemometer (waiting-shipped)
. Hardened sim card case (waiting-shipped)
. 2 128gb sim cards (received)
. Extra joysticks (received)

I'm also on standby for a hi-vis lime green skin from iStyles.com.
Hi Elton,I just bought the RE goggles also. Do you know if there is a better manual that explains how to operate these goggles. I watched all the You Tube video's but none really cover them good. Thanks for any help . Chuck.

God, you do not spare any cost on that drone. It sure looks great and unique. If or whenn you come to upgrade, can you easily take those things off and sell your drone? How much is your drone valued at now? I will say $2,500 and up.

I know that I will like to keep this drone a year or two tops (if I have not crashed an totaled it by then) or whenever I see or hear DJI is coming out with a new one, it should be time to "trade in" (which will mean for me to sell it to have money to put towards the new one) for a new one.
I haven't kept track of the cost, but it can all be removed in a few minutes, except the antenna. That would take me only about 15-20 minutes. :)

I'm actually thinking about producing a new product for it that would be a real radical upgrade, but it's in the concept stage of development at this point and I can't talk about that yet. ;)

Hi Elton,I just bought the RE goggles also. Do you know if there is a better manual that explains how to operate these goggles. I watched all the You Tube video's but none really cover them good. Thanks for any help . Chuck.
Heck, I thought it was just me!

I just turn it on and and stick them on my wife's head for her to watch from the camera at this point because I haven't seen any good printed instructions or videos either.... :(

Reactions: WAXMAN
Here is “Buzz”

Buzz looks fantastic and I ALMOST went with that color but ultimately decided to go with Neon Orange as I have CG helos flying around all the time and I can see that color very clearly.

Now, you and Elton have me wanting to install a 4-gang set of those strobes and I assume they're bright enough to see from quite a distance during the daylight. Once you guys get some experience with them, please let us know how far away you think you can see the strobes and I'll probably order both sets. <grin>

KB

I think that I've hit the jackpot for me and maybe you.

Lon: I have a similar version of that same case for my M1 and I love it. But like others have found, not only is a backpack easier to carry, the "suitcase" can put bystanders off so I went with a LP BP250 this time and it's perfect for me.

Oh Elton.... What are you using for a case? I think that I've hit the jackpot for me and maybe you.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Carrying-Case-Mavic-Zoom/dp/B07HF59HTX/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1538321295&sr=8-18&keywords=mavic+2+case&th=1#customerReviews

Looking at your antenna set up, it might fit in the large side space or the lower space designed for the CS monitors.
That's the best I've seen so far, but my wife's RE goggles don't seem to fit anything with cutout foam and still fit within airline's carry on size restrictions.

I'm waiting on some materials to line an older case to fit all my gear, including my floating pontoons.

Eventually, every lithium battery, embedded or lose, will be in fire resistant pouches, including the Strobon strobes, the remote control, my 4 aircraft batteries, the 2 Lume Cubes, the RE goggles, etc.

It will be extremely tight, but I'm still optimistic it's possible to pack all that into a carry on size strong box.

I'm approching my case from a point of anti-terrorism as well as personal and asset protection while in transit.

What I've learned while traveling with my firearms onboard aircraft in the post-9/11 world, not standing out with shiny new cases when moving thru an area, be it domestically or internationally, is a good idea. :)

Lon: I have a similar version of that same case for my M1 and I love it. But like others have found, not only is a backpack easier to carry, the "suitcase" can put bystanders off so I went with a LP BP250 this time and it's perfect for me.

I have the BP 200 and it's a very nice back pack for sure! I take my drone to construction sites and was always concerned about dirt and it banging around. I have a SKB case that I've modified to hold the M2P and my 5.5 Crystalsky but it's shape makes it a bit "rollie pollie". Plus it's too narrow to launch from. I think the wider hard case hits all the marks and looks wicked professional dude!!! Hahaha! We'll see. BTW since this case isn't available until the 16th, I've ordered the DJI Protector case from B&H (still $89 vs $149 on DJI.com) and I'll check that out when it comes in.

Reactions: wisesafe
That's the best I've seen so far, but my wife's RE goggles don't seem to fit anything with cutout foam and still fit within airline's carry on size restrictions.

I'm waiting on some materials to line an older case to fit all my gear, including my floating pontoons.

Eventually, every lithium battery, embedded or lose, will be in fire resistant pouches, including the Strobon strobes, the remote control, my 4 aircraft batteries, the 2 Lume Cubes, the RE goggles, etc.

It will be extremely tight, but I'm still optimistic it's possible to pack all that into a carry on size strong box.

I'm approching my case from a point of anti-terrorism as well as personal and asset protection while in transit.

What I've learned while traveling with my firearms onboard aircraft in the post-9/11 world, not standing out with shiny new cases when moving thru an area, be it domestically or internationally, is a good idea. :)

Hmmm.... How about this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFC5KQJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A7AFSJF7X5A2B&th=1

Or....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HGXGD9H/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A7AFSJF7X5A2B&th=1

Otherwise, I'd settle on a two case solution and get her her own case for the goggles.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional...d=1538327723&sr=8-6&keywords=dji+goggles+case

Last edited:
Wow... I've saved those cases in my shopping list! Thank you for sharing those links. :)

I especially like that backpack...

Pelican makes a carry on sized rolling case with the pluck and pick foam. Nice, indestructible. I used one for a tool box for years. Just a thought. I think its a 1510, it is. Expensive at $170 . It would be perfect if someone made a nice cutout foam to fit the 1510?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne