DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What have you ordered for your M2P so far?

Not to go off topic too much, but yeah. Southern UAE gets rain 3 or 4 days a year.
But it's not all heavenly, temps from June to August are 35° Celsius at the break of dawn and 55° at noon. It kinda gets hot lol.

Yea you said it! I did two tours over there...no thanks.

Just received. Nanuk 920 hard case.

1e0ba906fc56732056dc30594409fe27.jpg

f26d96e20e9c1ab88647296d44122dab.jpg
That's a slick looking case!

I myself picked up :
the fly more kit
Right angle type c cable (to connect mobile device to bottom usb port)

I may pick up polarized filters and a landing pad.
The landing pad because I mostly for from the sandy desert or rocky terrain.
But I'm not adverse to hand landing it.

I may buy a mount to attach my Huawei m5 pro 10"tablet.

Otherwise I'll just use my Samsung note 8.
I've temporarily scrapped my pad, but will be adding it again since it serves as such a highly visible point of reference from the air.

Good thread for accessory ideas.

Thanks
Thanks. I haven't been online much with my life getting so crazy in the last couple of months, but hopefully the haters and trolls will leave this thread alone because I wanted it to serve as a repository of ideas for anyone interested in making their hobby safer and more enjoyable. :)

Has anyone read it that Marco Polo unit is will work if it becomes submerged?

A couple drones have been reported as lost in the drink lately...

Actually, there are two versions and one purports to be waterproof but here's their own take on how well it works or might work depending on water depth (not very deep)

Amazon.com: Customer Questions & Answers

"It still transmits under water but the water attenuates the signal quite a lot. We have actually taken some data on this and made some calculations. What we found is that 6 inches of submersion would cut the maximum range of operation to about 1/3 of a mile, 18 inches of submersion would get you down to about 400 feet of range and at 6 feet of submersion you lose all contact, even from directly above the tag. With these kinds of losses there is little that can be done to improve the situation, even if the transmitter was 100 times the power it would not even double the depth at which the system would operate. "

I keep toying with the idea but so far have not sprung for either version. I can see losing it in a snowy field - amazing how snow can conceal the crater!!!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Actually, there are two versions and one purports to be waterproof but here's their own take on how well it works or might work depending on water depth (not very deep)

Amazon.com: Customer Questions & Answers

"It still transmits under water but the water attenuates the signal quite a lot. We have actually taken some data on this and made some calculations. What we found is that 6 inches of submersion would cut the maximum range of operation to about 1/3 of a mile, 18 inches of submersion would get you down to about 400 feet of range and at 6 feet of submersion you lose all contact, even from directly above the tag. With these kinds of losses there is little that can be done to improve the situation, even if the transmitter was 100 times the power it would not even double the depth at which the system would operate. "

I keep toying with the idea but so far have not sprung for either version. I can see losing it in a snowy field - amazing how snow can conceal the crater!!!
Well, if people were to pair that version with my iRepairMD flotation skids, it sounds like a winning combination for just about any aquatic disaster. :)

I guess I know what my next drone gadget will be!

All I have to do is get my motorcycle restoration finished, my WRX STi upgrades completed, but a few more holographic sights for my carbines, wait for my contractor to install my new windows and doors and a few other things I've already got going on at the moment. SMH LOL

Titan Switch system, 3 watts boosted amplifiers, with LHCP panel antenna +9db, omni directional whip antennas +5db, with ipad air 2 holderIMG_0205.jpgIMG_0205.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0207.jpg

Reactions: WAXMAN
Get a Laser bore sight
Put a 5mw GREEN laser
Match green to red laser
Remove bird laser
Put green dot on target
Pull
Green laser is good out to 5 miles
I rearely use scopes

Has anyone found a good hard case for the Mavic 2 that is similar to the hard case that is included with the Mavic Air? I am looking for something exactly like that to hold/protect JUST the drone without increasing it's size significantly. The one that comes with the Air is absolutely perfect but I can't seem to find many larger versions for the Mavic 2. I really don't like putting a drone in a bag without some sort of cover/case around it.

This one might be OK actually:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07J4SRSKW/mavichelp3-20

Last edited:
FlyMore kit
Magnetic mounts and cable for the remote
Hard case from Harbor Freight
MavMount for IPad
Extensions for legs
After market Gimbal cover
Landing Pad.............. so Far

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case