DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is a profile post?

SmilingOgre

Reactions
I've seen this term on other forums about other topics. Have no idea what it is.

Reactions: Cw4bray
A profile post is simply a post made directly on someone's profile rather than in the general forum sections like this thread. If you click my username it will pop up a small box then click my username at the top of that little box, you'll see the post option for my profile. I've just done that and left a post on your profile which you should probably get a notification for.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
A profile post is simply a post made directly on someone's profile rather than in the general forum sections like this thread. If you click my username it will pop up a small box then click my username at the top of that little box, you'll see the post option for my profile. I've just done that and left a post on your profile which you should probably get a notification for.
Thank you! I got the post and the notification. Have no idea why I would want to do that but now I know what it is!!!

I assume “profile post” refers to private messaging, if so it is a good thing, stops the forum knowing peoples private business in the likes of sales / trades or other personal things.
I'm not sure. I've seen "PM" (Private Message) on other forums but here we have "Profile Posts" and "Conversations". I'm thinking maybe conversations are private?

I'm not sure. I've seen "PM" (Private Message) on other forums but here we have "Profile Posts" and "Conversations". I'm thinking maybe conversations are private?

You are correct, profile posts are public and anyone can see them but private messages are private. They can have some uses like leaving trade feedback about users or information meant to help a user that could be helpful to others which would otherwise be hidden with a pm.

Reactions: SmilingOgre

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu