DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is everyone getting for run times with the BT-300?

Brian Fist

Reactions
Hey guys, I have been playing around with the BT-300 setup and I Was just wondering what everyone is getting for run times?

With WiFi on (5GHz) and GPS on along with firmware R1.7.0 running DJI Go 4 or DJI Go (both latest versions installed from the Moverio App store) I am seeing about 2.5-3 hours. Does that sound about right?

With the Soar app I am seeing more like 3.5-4 hours.

Now, I have yet to do the same set of tests with WiFi off, but I am thinking the WiFi utilized on the BT-300 is quite power hungry, so I am hoping for even more runtime with WiFi off.

I know the advertised 6 hours estimated runtime is with movie playback streaming (with hardware decode) on the device is with WiFi off and GPS off, which would seem reasonable considering what I am seeing with the DJI flight apps.

Also, is it me, or is the directional pad pretty much worthless? I am finding virtually no support anywhere for it (even in the Soar app that Epson themselves developed, as if you bring up the menu, you still need to select via the "cursor" and cannot jump between menu items with the directional pad).

I would have imagined the directional pad to be able to be used just about everywhere. I mean scrolling should be handled by it, menu item selections, etc... It almost seems like the couldn't figure out a good "fit" to make it work across the board.

Hey guys, I have been playing around with the BT-300 setup and I Was just wondering what everyone is getting for run times?

With WiFi on (5GHz) and GPS on along with firmware R1.7.0 running DJI Go 4 or DJI Go (both latest versions installed from the Moverio App store) I am seeing about 2.5-3 hours. ...

I would have imagined the directional pad to be able to be used just about everywhere. I mean scrolling should be handled by it, menu item selections, etc... It almost seems like the couldn't figure out a good "fit" to make it work across the board.
Here is my solution. I generally just turn on Airplane mode so that it switches off both WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time. As you will see this is an elegant solution.

I agree with you about the stupid touch pad. I prefer to use a bluetooth mouse when I can.

Attachments

• BT 300.jpg
    BT 300.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000