DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the future of the Mini 2

Can't wait to see the the first commercial delivery drone tangled in power lines!
It's happened already. Wing food-delivery drone in Brisbane, Australia.

Didn't damage the lines (but they did have to check them). The drone just burnt out.

Remote ID while flying at night is going to be clunky though, as I fly with two strobes, one up one down. Where will I put the ID module? On top I guess.
When I first got my Mini 2 last February, the menu had a Remote ID Option, but it was not enabled. In subsequent updates to the firmware, the option went away.

I would remind you that Version 1.7.4 added RID to the Japanese Mini 2s. I would guess that the hardware is already in place and the firmware only needs to open the option to use it…

BTW, the FAA has recently approved the first remote ID module to meet their specifications. Its cost is estimated to be just under $300. It's the first so expect the price to come down, way down... My first PC, in 1982, had one megabyte of RAM and it added over $1,000 to its $3,000 base price and it had no hard drive, two floppy disk drives, one for the operating system (DOS) and the other for the program...

Good afternoon to all-

Well, Fellers, if I hear that DJI is looking to discontinue the Mini 2, I will probably order another one- I have two- and a pile of batteries. I have few pieces of equipment that work as well as my Mini 2 drones- superb little bits of technology.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
Have had my mini2 for almost two years now and I do all of my drone flights with it. My DJI Flame wheel hex and quad have become wall art. When the mini3 pro came out I looked at it and compared the differences and did not see anything that I felt was worth the switch. None of my Mini2 accessories and batteries will work with the Mini3 pro. Costco has a mini 2 combo on sale for $439 that has two batteries, RC controller, mini bag and a 32mb sd card. Since the mini2 batteries are about $55 each and I was needing to pick up some anyway, I bought the Costco combo. So the drone, controller and 32mg card theoretically cost me $329. Will keep it on the shelf as a backup in case something happens to the original.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo