DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is This Symbol Next to Some Usernames

Droning on and on...

Reactions
Like the title says, what does this symbol mean and also what is it supposed to be?

Attachments

• Screenshot_Symbol.png
    Screenshot_Symbol.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 85
It shows it’s the person who started the thread.
You the icon for this thread.
OOPS had another look & it looks like I am wrong :rolleyes:

Reactions: A.O.
You are right, Cyborg! If you hover your cursor over the symbol, it shows "Original poster"

Reactions: A.O.
Actually, you are on the right track. It is the symbol for the thread starter when you are not logged in.

I'd still like to know what is supposed to be. When you are logged in, it looks like a person with a pencil. What is it supposed to look like when you're not logged in?

Reactions: Smalls
Actually, you are on the right track. It is the symbol for the thread starter when you are not logged in.

I'd still like to know what is supposed to be. When you are logged in, it looks like a person with a pencil. What is it supposed to look like when you're not logged in?

When you are ON-LINE. a similar icon appears at the bottom of your avatar and It's green, provided you have it set to do that in your profile settings.

Some members have it selected OFF so others can't see when they are ON-LINE.

When you are OFF-LINE, no icon appears.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Way to go. Now you made me pay attention.
Plus I learn something new.
Enough for today..... ?

Reactions: bcfd29
I figured out that the icon is the same whether logged in or not. It looks different because one of my browsers has the text size set to large, which I wouldn't expect to affect an icon, but it does.

Thanks all!

Ok I found apps for the SparkPilots and PhantomPilots forums but I didn't see anything for the MavicPilots forum am I misunderstanding your message?
Hey, you're right! Many of them have disappeared from Play. I have MP app installed but Play doesn't show it as installed. But then I did do a Samsung sync from my old HTC 10 to my new S20 FE, so likely the APK itself was transferred.

Only 4 apps left in Play under Drone Pilots Network.
I prefer the app layout, particularly Timeline which shows topics across all categories that had recent updates, although Timeline tends to repeat topics.

Looks like a lot of apps dropped off the APK mirror sites.
APKMirror has become useless. Nothing shows up in my searches lately
PureAPK is a little better, but no MavicPilots app.

Ok I found apps for the SparkPilots and PhantomPilots forums but I didn't see anything for the MavicPilots forum am I misunderstanding your message?

Here's a mirror site for Android.

Apple...

Reactions: Hodge and Tufargon
Like the title says, what does this symbol mean and also what is it supposed to be?
Hello this is my first posting on this forum, only had my Mavic Air for a month or so but very impressed with it, to answer mightypilot 2000, the icon looks to me to be a sewing machine spool, it sits under the sewing machine table and contains the underthread (if thats the name) which locks the needle thread from the underside. PS I dont sew but Ive seen my mum change the spool. :)

Reactions: MA2 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland SteveKB.

It amazes me how a sewing machine works. Good piece of engineering, much like our drones.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello this is my first posting on this forum, only had my Mavic Air for a month or so but very impressed with it, to answer mightypilot 2000, the icon looks to me to be a sewing machine spool, it sits under the sewing machine table and contains the underthread (if thats the name) which locks the needle thread from the underside. PS I dont sew but Ive seen my mum change the spool. :)
Funny on my computer it looks like what it is supposed to be, a "person" icon... top torso and head and a pencil (with eraser I might add) diagonal across their front over left shoulder. :oops: P.s. the name your looking for for your vision is a "bobbin". I learned to sew with a machine around 14 years old, back when I was learning to fly full sized planes....but obviously the two were separate ventures :p

On a side note, I took Home Economics vice Wood shop in those days (7th grade) as I was only one of two "Boys" in the class of 20 or so. I bet my school days were better (test fittings, various states of undress on the ladies, free cookies and pies/cakes) than the Wood Shop guys. I learned carpentry from my father on weekends and such, thank you very much ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
On a side note, I took Home Economics vice Wood shop in those days (7th grade)

Me too. ?

Only we had both in our curriculum.

PureAPK seems to have the latest available version, 8.0.6. It says 2019 but I thought the install on my HTC which came from Play says 2018.

When I went to a Google link about Tello on TelloPilots, it suggested TapaTalk. Perhaps that's the replacement?

I was thinking Pilots should have one app for all their sites. That could be a challenge though, since each can be associated with a different login.

Funny on my computer it looks like what it is supposed to be, a "person" icon... top torso and head and a pencil (with eraser I might add) diagonal across their front over left shoulder. :oops: P.s. the name your looking for for your vision is a "bobbin". I learned to sew with a machine around 14 years old, back when I was learning to fly full sized planes....but obviously the two were separate ventures :p

On a side note, I took Home Economics vice Wood shop in those days (7th grade) as I was only one of two "Boys" in the class of 20 or so. I bet my school days were better (test fittings, various states of undress on the ladies, free cookies and pies/cakes) than the Wood Shop guys. I learned carpentry from my father on weekends and such, thank you very much ;)
Repaid1, you are absolutely right, it is a person with a pencil over their shoulder ... unless it is an American Football helmet lying face down. See mightypilot2000's screenshot ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky