DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just wondering what is this symbol

Eagle430

Reactions
IMG_20220628_081859.jpg

Just wondering what this red circle type symbol is next to the satellites symbol? Should it be red?

Obstacle avoidance and perhaps switched off or unavailable? page 54 of the manual. With the M2P I remember it being red and/or green but can't remember if I have seen it white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle430
Obstacle avoidance and perhaps switched off or unavailable? page 54 of the manual. With the M2P I remember it being red and/or green but can't remember if I have seen it white.
I was flying during night with low light and I got a warning about the obstacle avoidance system, so it makes sense what you described , thank you

It can sometimes be partially red. For instance, in some modes or conditions the side sensors will be inoperable, so the icon will be all green except the two bars to each side, which will be red.

And yes, when the light gets low enough, you will get that message and the sensors will be off or inoperable. This is dicey flying if you're accustom to always having the sensors warn you of obstacles, plus your own eyes will see less as well. Your visual feed may be your best safety in such cases: before moving backwards / sideways, turn to point the AC in that direction so you can see if there are obstacles with the camera.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002