Reactions
ok. so I bot my first drone. mini3 pro.

trying to set up.

but it wont connect to my computer.

I have the proper pword

just doesnt connect.

I,m OLD (70)

I aint no computer wiz.

verified pword for my service provider Bell. (capitals, numbers, symbol etc)

any help will be appreciated

Reactions: Cafguy
First you should make sure it is not the cord you are using There ARE 2 types you know One is strictly for charging and one ( that you need) will also transmit data. The first thing to do is switch that cord Tell me if this works if not I can help you.

The drone is not "set up" via computer, it is set up via the FLY app on the phone or tablet attached to a std controller or the FLY app on a 'smart' controller.
To connect the drone to a computer you will probably need to use the "Assistant 2 (consumer drone series) " software from DJI, see

exe or zip? and will it d/l straight to computer?

but the message that I had got on the screen was 'failed to connect'

will d/l this allow it to connect?

I am Mainly a Mac user but I also use windows after you have downloaded and have the assistant 2 on your computer you will need to connect the cord and then in finder choose the correct port for the drone ( it will be listed) once you have the correct port the drone should connect if it does not we can try again

ok d/l dji assistant, and still cant connect. I suspect that whatever I d/l I have not accessed yet. when I open dji assistant, it brings me to a page that just sits there. when I try to get out it asks if I want to quit. quit what? either way I just let it be. mebbe its loading?

just a graphic with usb? seeming to 'pulse' I,m guessing its loading?
I,ll keep it open, hopefully it is d/l and just slow.

ok d/l dji assistant, and still cant connect. ...just a graphic with usb? seeming to 'pulse'
When you have the DJI Assistant 2 program started & connected the drone to your computer... you need to power on the drone, then it should connect.

Reactions: MS Coast
hooking the cable to the drone is where my journey stops. I cant get past the sign in spot. after it asks for pword, it trys to connect and then is denied.

I,m still trying. have d/l dji assistant 3 times now.

the pword is correct

Last edited:
...I cant get past the sign in spot. after it asks for pword, it trys to connect and then is denied.
And in your first post you said...
...verified pword for my service provider Bell. (capitals, numbers, symbol etc)

This make me wonder what password you're trying to use..?

You need to use your DJI account to sign into the Assistant 2 program, but also in the DJI app you use when flying... if you don't have a DJI account yet, you can set one up here --> DJI Account

just went from your post to dji site. DJI Account

my pword is accepted.

frustrating to me.

I,m sure its just a pword or understanding (on my part)

but I,m getting worn down.

I been at this for over a day now.

I,m sure I will get it eventually (I hope so)

thank you

all input gets me closer

So then we know that you are using the credentials for your DJI account... that's good.

Below is maybe obvious, but describe it anyway in case you overlook some smaller step in the login procedure... and skip to connect your drone for now, let's focus on getting you logged in first.

When you've opened up the DJI Assistant 2, & you aren't logged in it looks like this:

(have another variant of Assistant 2 than you, but they should look the same...)
1710104955303.png

Later the login window looks like below... important there is to use upper/lower case correctly, and to write in the given verification code exactly as shown in the colored animation with upper/lower cases & spaces (you might here also try to skip spaces even though they might include it in the animation). Lastly, don't forget to mark the box "I have read and agree..." Then hit the "sign in" button.

1710105326392.png

If it looks like you get logged in now, you can verify it by seeing your email in the top... (&, if it still fails to login make sure you haven't any Firewall program running, either directly on your computer, in your router or maybe somewhere central if you live in an apartment where the internet availability is handled by the landlord. A firewall can block the communication with the DJI servers.)

1710106087773.png

If you have reached this far, connect the drone to your computer & then power the drone up... now the drone should come up in the Assistant 2 window.

Reactions: davidarmenb
ok.. another day

gonna try again..

got a friend gonna put an ad on facebook marketplace to see if anyone in the area has the same drone and could help me set it up.

I,ll pay

I have reached this far.. thats where I get stumped.. will connect drone.. ty
You MUST CHOOSE the drones input port in order for the computer to see the drone-- In finder select the correct port for the drone Also try the steps in the Video below it is for an Air3 BUT it will work the same with any DJI Drone. If you are opening the DJI assistant BEFORE you connect the drone it probably won't work - Open assistant AFTER the drone is connected.
If this still will not work IT IS THE CORD you are using.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian