DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connection question

your controller should now be connected to the wifi network restart the controller and turn on the drone and select the drone type from the start menu.

If that is all working fine
Make sure your controller is logged in to DJI and follow the instructions to start the drone you can do this inside if you wish BUT DO NOT TAKEOFF just start the drone and shut it off- now its time to go outside.
you said "make sure your controller is logged in to dji'

by turning the controller ON, is it not already connected?

I mean..

where else would it be connected to?

I have tried with controller physically connected to comp

and without.

I never get past the wifi page.

If the controler is not connected to your account it will ask you to do so do so at that time then you should see a screen with a drone on it select the proper drone
you do not need to connect your controller to a computer.

I,m sry for wasting your day trying to help some old geezer be dragged into this brave new world.

when I was a kid we had a stick to play with.

we took that stick out of the cave to beat the nearest dinosaur

• Haha
Reactions: Cafguy
not a problem I aint so young myself plus its a little too windy to fly my little drones today I don't mind If we can't do it over the forum you could PM your number but I think we will get it.

I never get to the page with the screen on it.

'failed connection' prevents that.

for whatever reason I have to go thru all the hoops

language/country/ wifi provider/ pword

and thats as far as I get.

so how does the controller connect to my acct?

It connects through the fly app on the controller If your controller cannot connect to YOUR wifi you will need to provide those details in the controllers menu -- once you have done that it should be connected to your WIFI and will not ask the next time it is started can you provide a pic of the screen you are stuck on? failed connection means 1. wrong network name or password or both.2. Your VPN is turned on ( slight maybe)

It connects through the fly app on the controller If your controller cannot connect to YOUR wifi you will need to provide those details in the controllers menu -- once you have done that it should be connected to your WIFI and will not ask the next time it is started can you provide a pic of the screen you are stuck on?
'select wifi network' is the page I am stuck on
I would have no clue how to provide a pic of the screen

is a 'fly app' somethin)g that i should d/l from computer?

is 'fly app' installed on controller?
it is already installed on the controller you do not need to download it (unless you have the black pro controller then we have a new game here lol

Did you type in this info on the controller?

if its already installed, what/ where is it trying to connect to?

I,m doing all this rite beside my wifi router

and YES I type this onfo on the controller.

also I am looking for my screened controller around here somewhere so I can remember this stuff myself!
the controller is attempting to access your own wifi network and it needs your password-- you provide that info in the box provided on the controller it should ask you to type in the password on the controller DO that.

This hobby for me is almost a life lol and I hate to see someone grounded over what is probably a miss-understanding over a step or at the most something simple I will try my best to answer your calls and help all I can IF I can .

thank you cafguy.

for all your help

and your time.

I am gonna give up for today.

I know it is something small, but without it

its just a very expensive cat toy.

one quik question b4 I go for today.

does the controller need to be 'charged' or ?? b4 its usable?

Reactions: Cafguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2